Plugin Contributions

Default Setting Up Zones and Shipping

After using creloaded for over 3 years, I'm having all kinds of security/php compatability related issues, due to the old version I'm using and need to update my site. We decided to use Zen cart instead, but I am having a few problems that I need to know I can fix so I can switch.

I can't figure out some things on zones and shipping, to make them work like our current site. On the current site, I have two zones under Tax Zones, one US and one everyone else.

On Zen it looks like those are Zone Definitions, but I can't seem to get anything set up. I can put a zone name (like the United States) and a zone description ( United States), but that doesn't seem to do anything. It still says not configured and if I click on details, it says 0 zones. I can't see where or how to configure it.

If I could figure out how to set the zones, then I still have a problem setting the shipping. I use a table rate shipping based on dollar amount for any US shipping address and automatically charge the credit card through Authorizenet for those purchases. That is not a problem, I can do that in Zen, providing I can set it to only work on a US zone.

The international, we currently put an estimated shipping charge of 10% with a minimum of 7.50 on the order, but we don't charge the card automatically. We collect the cc number and then figure the shipping, have the customer approve the amount and then manually put the cc through. I don't see a way to do this on Zen. I could just put in a flat dollar amount, I guess. But I would still need to know how to not charge it automatically. Based on the zones that I don't know how to set.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting Up Zones and Shipping

Create a Zone Defintion: US Shipping

Add Details:
    Country United States
    Zone: All Zones

Then set your Table to US Shipping on the Zone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting Up Zones and Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Create a Zone Defintion: US Shipping

Add Details:
    Country United States
    Zone: All Zones

Then set your Table to US Shipping on the Zone ...

OK, I figured out that I needed to click on insert on the second page also to set the details, I wasn't doing that.

I set the US shipping to "all zones" and the International shipping to "all countries" "all zones", the US one says 1 zone, and the International says 2 zones. Is that right, my creloaded site says 238 zones under my International zone?

Assuming that is right, I guess I have no way of using a percent with a minimum for the International, correct? I will have to just set a flat rate.

Thanks so much for your help.