Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN - no non account user option...

I've installed and activated the PayPal IPN module, in my paypal profile have entered the IPN info, enabled it, And turned ON the allow users without account to purchase. However, during checkout, it only gives the option to create or login to account. Have even cleared my cache/cookies. Don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN - no non account user option...

Your URL to see?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

This has happened before - the credit card option not appearing - even though it's turned on in the Paypal admin.

I spent some time emailing Paypal a few months ago and finally got them to see the problem. At that time it was (according to them) due to some changes made by their programmers to the payment page.

They seemed to have fixed it shortly after, but it seems to have resurfaced again in the last week or so.

The problem: if the customer has purchased through Paypal before, Paypal sets a cookie that has the effect of preventing the credit card option appearing.

Try clearing *all* Paypal cookies in your browser (the ones that start with 'www....' as well as the 'Paypal...' ones) then go through Paypal with a test purchase and see if the card option appears. Then go through a second time (ie. with the Paypal cookies set by your first purchase) and see if it disappears.

If it does, email Paypal and let them know they've messed things up again.
    Last edited by Pixxi; 9 Jul 2007 at 12:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

It's fixed now. I was apparantly overlooking it. When I was using that option before, the 'pay without account' option appeared near the bottom of the paypal page, but now it is on the left of the page. But it's there.