Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: the download radio button

Superb, thanks stage. Before I try it can I just check - If I copy my shop folder over to my hard disk and save my database as an sql file from within the server control panel, is that enough to restore the shop should anything go wrong? I'm just a tad concerned because I've spent quite a long time inputting zones etc and really wouldn't want to again :) Never done this before so it would be a good to know (I haven't come across any documentation on the specifics of back-up/restore strategies yet!).
    Thanks again,
    Egg

Plugin Contributions

Default yeyah

your'e the man stage, this was a really unpleasant detail designwize. good job!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by egghed View Post
    Superb, thanks stage. Before I try it can I just check - If I copy my shop folder over to my hard disk and save my database as an sql file from within the server control panel, is that enough to restore the shop should anything go wrong? I'm just a tad concerned because I've spent quite a long time inputting zones etc and really wouldn't want to again :) Never done this before so it would be a good to know (I haven't come across any documentation on the specifics of back-up/restore strategies yet!).
    Thanks again,
    Egg
    You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. For this particular change you only have to backup the two files I mentioned. It doesn't effect the database. As long as you have a sound backup of those two files, if something goes wrong all you have to do it copy your backups back to your server.

That being said, its not a bad idea for the purpose of general CYA its a good idea to have some regular backup process.

If you are asking about running your shopping cart locally, you can get that set up, but in order to do that you'll need PHP, apache, and MySQL installed locally. Check out either WAMP or XAMPP.

stage

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: yeyah

Quote Originally Posted by bananapunk View Post
    your'e the man stage, this was a really unpleasant detail designwize. good job!
    Thank you, happy to help.

Plugin Contributions

there's still one problem left. products with attributes don't have BUY NOW button so customers are forced to click on the DETAILS. Would it be hard to recode?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stage View Post
    You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. For this particular change you only have to backup the two files I mentioned. It doesn't effect the database. As long as you have a sound backup of those two files, if something goes wrong all you have to do it copy your backups back to your server.

That being said, its not a bad idea for the purpose of general CYA its a good idea to have some regular backup process.

If you are asking about running your shopping cart locally, you can get that set up, but in order to do that you'll need PHP, apache, and MySQL installed locally. Check out either WAMP or XAMPP.

stage
    OK, thats cool. I've now started backing up the whole shop at the end of each day's play and the DB in 3 different formats! I've no idea whether they'll restore ok should the time come but I'll have enough roll back options to choose from :)

Cheers
    Egg

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by egghed View Post
    OK, thats cool. I've now started backing up the whole shop at the end of each day's play and the DB in 3 different formats! I've no idea whether they'll restore ok should the time come but I'll have enough roll back options to choose from :)

Cheers
    Egg
    As long as the DB is backed up as SQL which I'm sure it likely is for you, its fairly easy to do a restore.

stage

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bananapunk View Post
    there's still one problem left. products with attributes don't have BUY NOW button so customers are forced to click on the DETAILS. Would it be hard to recode?
    I'm not sure how that is related, as I said I'm still learning the system. We're just setting up our shopping cart and had the "buy now" button set, but I noticed some times it displayed and other times didn't, it's likely in our case those products where it was showing up didn't have any attributes set yet. I ended up turning it off because it was rather ugly with our template.

I'll take a look in a little bit but there should be some code in the products listing page that checks for that and if so you'd just have to add or actually change the condition it checks for. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

stage

Plugin Contributions

Hello Stage
    Sorry to return to this, I'm just pasting the code in now, but when you suggest altering the line in attributes.php

switch ($products_options_names->fields['products_options_images_style']) {
    there are 2 entries. One on line 226 and the other on line 324. I'm pasting blind as a non coder and am assuming it must be the second one as it is nearest to line the line 451 you quote. I have included 2 screens in the hope that you will be able to confirm which it is.
    Thanks
    Egg

Plugin Contributions

It's the first one, I should have noted the other clue, to look for the radio button section. The second example you displayed is the "checkbox" section.

Which version of Zen Cart are you using?

stage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast