Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate Orders/Order Confirmation

I spoke too soon. :\
    Issue is back. I haven't had 36 duplicates in a row though, just doubles. Would love if this could be sorted out for good as it's frustrating having to manually delete the duplicates in the back end to make my accounting balance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by evenangelsdie View Post
    I spoke too soon. :\
    Issue is back. I haven't had 36 duplicates in a row though, just doubles. Would love if this could be sorted out for good as it's frustrating having to manually delete the duplicates in the back end to make my accounting balance.
    As I said, if the person clicks the return to site link twice quickly, it will make two orders. Try it yourself.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I've already read your post about this, but am still hoping for a solution that hasn't been found. My email solution fixed the multiples of orders, but it still looks like I'm stuck with the duplicates from the PayPal user issue. There has to be a way to fix this on the zen cart end...? Such as not registering a second order with the same PayPal transaction id or something?

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure this is the same issue everyone here is having, but I believe I found the solution to this problem for us.

The distinction seems to be CSS buttons versus image buttons. We use CSS buttons. Apparently, CSS submit buttons don't get a name or id like their image counterparts do. As a result, the submitonce() code doesn't work, since it references an element with the id "btn_submit", which doesn't exist.

Apparently there is a bug that resulted in leaving this capability out. We've confirmed this bug existed in 1.38a and 1.51. We're using 1.51. I don't know the root of this bug, and why it was never enabled. As a result, I don't know if my fix will cause problems that I haven't seen yet. It seems innocuous enough.
    reference: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...n_image_submit

Our fix was to change the function for zen_image_submit() so that CSS buttons inherit the parameters variable just like the image counterparts do.

In /includes/functions/html_output.php
    Line near 268 reads:
    if (strtolower(IMAGE_USE_CSS_BUTTONS) == 'yes' && strlen($alt)<30) return zenCssButton($image, $alt, 'submit', $sec_class /*, $parameters = ''*/ );

Remove the comments and the = '' so it reads:
    if (strtolower(IMAGE_USE_CSS_BUTTONS) == 'yes' && strlen($alt)<30) return zenCssButton($image, $alt, 'submit', $sec_class , $parameters );

That's it.

Again, I don't know repercussions, but a quick run through our site seems OK. And this issue seems to be fixed, for us at least.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dgent View Post
    I know why this happens on Paypal, its actually caused by the customer. I did a test transaction the other day, and on the page after you have confirmed the payment on the Paypal side, it says something like 'you will be returned to {your website} in 10 seconds, if your page doesnt load click here'.

Basically if you click that link more than once every couple of seconds it will duplicate orders as many times as you click it.
    Is there a way to detect this and debouncing/preventing it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kamion View Post
    Is there a way to detect this and debouncing/preventing it?
    Yes: Use PayPal Express Checkout instead of PayPal Standard!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes: Use PayPal Express Checkout instead of PayPal Standard!
    Sorry, I'm using a different payment gateway. Is there code in ZenCart's Paypal Express Checkout module that does the debouncing which I can integrate to my own payment module?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Not sure what what "debouncing" you need. You've given no relevant information to go on, including your ZC version, which payment module you're using, and what specific actual problems you're having.
    This thread has 114 posts in it, all discussing various forms of duplicate orders, along with various solutions. Which ones have you tried? And what was the result?

The latest version of Zen Cart includes protections to prevent customers from clicking the "confirm" page in your store multiple times, thus preventing multiple submissions and thus duplicate orders when using payment modules which collect card details directly on your site.

If you're getting duplicates from another payment provider where payment is handled on *their* site, then you probably need to sort out the duplicates problem with *them*.
    But, in the absence of information relevant to your specific scenario, it's *really* hard to give you a useful answer.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're getting duplicates from another payment provider where payment is handled on *their* site, then you probably need to sort out the duplicates problem with *them*.
    But, in the absence of information relevant to your specific scenario, it's *really* hard to give you a useful answer.
    Thanks for the response, DrByte. I'm on 1.39h but just on the cusp of completing my upgrade to 1.51. We are using a payment gateway to handle our credit card payments. So it would be as you said above. I suspect customers click twice to return from the external payment gateway, as the payment gateway only registers one payment, but two orders are created on our website.

DrByte, what do you think of modifying the payment module "before_process()" function to check if the same payment ID (from the payment gateway) already has been processed, and if it has, straight away redirect to FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kdoronzio View Post
    I'm not sure this is the same issue everyone here is having, but I believe I found the solution to this problem for us.

The distinction seems to be CSS buttons versus image buttons. We use CSS buttons. Apparently, CSS submit buttons don't get a name or id like their image counterparts do. As a result, the submitonce() code doesn't work, since it references an element with the id "btn_submit", which doesn't exist.

Apparently there is a bug that resulted in leaving this capability out. We've confirmed this bug existed in 1.38a and 1.51. We're using 1.51. I don't know the root of this bug, and why it was never enabled. As a result, I don't know if my fix will cause problems that I haven't seen yet. It seems innocuous enough.
    reference: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...n_image_submit

Our fix was to change the function for zen_image_submit() so that CSS buttons inherit the parameters variable just like the image counterparts do.

In /includes/functions/html_output.php
    Line near 268 reads:
    if (strtolower(IMAGE_USE_CSS_BUTTONS) == 'yes' && strlen($alt)<30) return zenCssButton($image, $alt, 'submit', $sec_class /*, $parameters = ''*/ );

Remove the comments and the = '' so it reads:
    if (strtolower(IMAGE_USE_CSS_BUTTONS) == 'yes' && strlen($alt)<30) return zenCssButton($image, $alt, 'submit', $sec_class , $parameters );

That's it.

Again, I don't know repercussions, but a quick run through our site seems OK. And this issue seems to be fixed, for us at least.
    Does anyone use this solution? I'm having the same issue and i'm using CSS buttons, i would like to try this but i'm scared something wil backfire :-) No orders is worse then double orders ;-)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast