Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

After I installed and played with it a whole night and a half day, I decided to stop with frustration for a while. I did not want to give it up totally now and meant to dis-encourage Chris (the great contributor for PC configurator of Zen-Cart) and you all, since it is a very good idea.

The followings are things prevent me from implementing it any more:

1), First of all, I have not seen any single website working with PC Configurator (or a working one in English). Please post your URL if you have any successful experience.

2), The installation and configuration process to make it get started is painful, not mention to look up the Greek language left in the code

3), After I finally got rid of the problems with SQL patch installation, PC Configurator module uploading, QuickOrder module uploading, I found I still have a long way to make it totally working.

4), I still do not understand what the PC Configuartor Options for, since it is empty in my admin site.

5), The currency symbol has to be moved to the right for the NaN error, and the right $ sign does look good on other regular products.

6), The POPup window addon did not work as I expected. I thought it will pop up the detail windows if the visitor clicks the Production Details link when no productions selected from the Categories. But it always pop-up along with another production details window.

7), I still could not find a way to make the Custom PC working. I thought that the visitor can re-configure the pre-configured pcs by adding/removing components. But that did not happen. Was there anything I did wrong? If this is working, then the owner of shopping website can pre-assembly any PCs for the customers to modify later.
    (another small glitch on the Custom PC page is the php code stored in the database <?php echo HTTP_SERVER; ?><?php echo DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?> has been taken off to make the href working)

8), The layout of the step 1 page does not look right on my server which pushed/messed the right sideboxes and bottom.

9), The price total with Tax is working a little different than I thought. It automatically changed the components prices with pre-tax price.

10), Another requirement from me is flexibility. I like the PC Configuarator Categories can be changable, and the component prices can be changed (like I asked in my previous post).

Again, great work and hope more and more PHP experts can help the original contributor improve this module.

My url is http://www.superitstore.com/index.ph...c_configurator in case you need my testing shopping to see some problems above. And I hope someone can help me make this testing shopping work with PC Configurator well, then we can use it as the show-case. (I can give the helper the FTP account and zen-cart admin account upon request).

Thanks
    Last edited by webguru; 26 Jan 2008 at 01:13 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

I have put this comand about DUPLICATE KEY, because of the reason that some users had try to reinstall with the wrong way.

I suppose that it has to do with MySQL version. Maybe it does not wotk with 5.0

Open the file :

INSTALL_PC_CONFIGURATOR_SQL PATCHES.sql.txt

and replace with blank EVERY record as following :

##############################################################################################################_

ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE configuration_key = configuration_key
    ##############################################################################################################_

Replace the above record with blank.

Do not remove ; which exists on the end of each of the above record.

Then try to run the SQL PATCHES again.

I hope this can help you.

If not, then PM me at [email protected] to solve your problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by webguru View Post
    After I installed and played with it a whole night and a half day, I decided to stop with frustration for a while. I did not want to give it up totally now and meant to dis-encourage Chris (the great contributor for PC configurator of Zen-Cart) and you all, since it is a very good idea.

etc etc.................

Thanks

Thanks for writing all these.

PC Configurator is not completed, but I can make it work for you.

As about the functionalities you mentioned, this is what I was asking when I started writing the code but nobody helped; nobody tell his ideas.

Thank you for all your ideas.

When I have available time in the near future, I can change the code and improove it, based on your ideas, that I believe they are very very nice.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Charis: thanks for the quick response. You are the man! I would like to help you from whatever the way :-)

As for the ideas, I have another quesiton. Why did you have to create another separate category to generate the PC configurator? Is it possible to use the existing categories? Maybe you just add a column in the product category tables to flag some categories can be PC Configurated? Just a thought, maybe you will have make a lot of codes change if you want to do in this way.

By the way, I found I missed a "Not" in my last post. In the item 5, it should read "5), The currency symbol has to be moved to the right for the NaN error, and the right $ sign does NOT look good on other regular products."

Plugin Contributions

Customers are still charging shipping. I don't want them to place the order online I want them to call in the order only how can I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mtechama View Post
    Customers are still charging shipping. I don't want them to place the order online I want them to call in the order only how can I do that?
    Why don't you tellem ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lebrand2006 View Post
    Why don't you tellem ?
    Right now I have uninstall the Mod. back to the original way. but I have the button say out of stock but I am not out of stock. that they to have them not to purchase online.

Plugin Contributions

Right now I have uninstall the Mod. back to the original way. but I have the button say out of stock but I am not out of stock. that they to have them not to purchase online.
    Well, this means that you have stock. So why don't you tell them ?

They will decide if they want to buy or not from you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lebrand2006 View Post
    Well, this means that you have stock. So why don't you tell them ?

They will decide if they want to buy or not from you.

I am going to a note on the site say "All Computer are call in orders only" When Items are out of stock are not actually out of stock do to Shipping Problems....

Plugin Contributions

I am going to a note on the site say "All Computer are call in orders only" When Items are out of stock are not actually out of stock do to Shipping Problems....
    Ok this is not a problem.

Go to Admin -> Tools and run the module "Automatically fix all problems"

This will help you I think.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast