Plugin Contributions

Default Switching php version in WAMP5 causes install to run

I'm running WAMP5 (http://www.wampserver.com) as my testing server and installed and have been running Zen-Cart under PHP5.2.1. WAMP5 let's me quick switch to PHP 4.4.4, but Zen-Cart then kicks off the install routine (I've still got the install directory in place on the testing server) The install check page comes back all green.

Is there a simple switch in a config file kicking this install routine off? I'd rather not reinstall Zen-Cart for the different version if possible... I don't see anything in the configure.php file...

Does Zen-Cart install differently under PHP5 than PHP4?

Thanks,

Gregg Short

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switching php version in WAMP5 causes install to run

Zen Cart installs the same regardless of PHP version. And, for the most part, doesn't matter if it runs on PHP 4 or 5.

Your problem stems from something else that your PHP configuration is changing.

The zc_install process is triggered if the /includes/configure.php file cannot be found or if it contains only default information.
    Thus, if your PHP change also makes some sort of path change in your WAMP settings, you'll run into those kind of problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switching php version in WAMP5 causes install to run

Found the problem. Switching to PHP4 in WAMPSERVER causes you to lose connections to your database due to the new password hashing in MYSQL. Follow the steps in this document http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
    to create old style passwords. (At least make sure you change the username/password that ZenCart uses. These "old" passwords will work in PHP4 OR PHP5 and ZenCart will not care.