Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listing Default Sort Order

Don't know but you could try by displaying model number temporarily and obtaining the full url mentioned earlier. Cut and paste it somewhere like notepad. Then go ahead and enter the sort order number (2a, 3a, etc.) into the Product Listing Default Sort Order.

After doing that, turn the display of the model number back off. Now try to go to the url you saved earlier and if things display in the expected order chances are it will work. Now simply check it by:
    1. close your browser (or clear your cache)
    2. open your browser again and navigate back to your product listing and see if it is still in the proper order. My guess is that it will be the way you want.

Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

This may not be the right area but my question is..

How do I get a different sort order for linked products? For example...

I have a widget that needs to be in multiple categories, but needs to be sorted differently in one of the other categories.

I have been looking around but haven't found my answer yet. I appreciated everyone's time.

Thanks,
    -Buck

Plugin Contributions

I am having problems with this and have read this post and others as well as tried various things, I hope I am just missing something and someone can help me with this ---- The URL is http://blockislandhoney.com/ go to either Candles or Novelties to see the problem, For example Novelties, The product listing page is set up in the correct order that my client wants it to be, I used SORT ORDER field to do this, However, when you click on the Yoga CD, the first product, you go to it's product page and it says it is Product 4/7.... It should be 1/7.... then if you click on Next you should see the Calendar which is the next product on the Product Listing page and according to the sort order, but you don't see the calendar. Any general or specific help would be appreciated, if you need to know more about various settings I can provide the information.

Plugin Contributions

I have the " Column grid display " I cannot get the sort value of each product to sort properly. For instance.. I can sort by name, no proplem..

Apples sort value = 10
    Bananas sort value = 10
    Pineapple sort value = 10

if I change sort value = 10 to sort value = 1 for pineapple, it still appears at the end of the list..

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

what about the sort value?

You know , when you're in Admin mode and you click on your catalog, then you see the following column headers..

ID
    Categories / Products
    Model
    Price/Special/Sale
    Quantity
    Status
    Sort
    Action

I thought that the "sort" value would override the 1a 2a 3a 4a, does anyone know what that is used for?

Do you think my cart might not be functioning correctly because of the "Column Layout Grid for Product Listing for 1.3.8 contribution"

I tried turning it off, but it does not seem to make a difference with my sort order..

Plugin Contributions

Sorting in the Admin is not a built in feature at this time ...

You could customize the code or change the Maximum Value on the Listing display to see more Products at one time if that helps ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm talking about the sort order product attribute on the website store front, i was just pointing out where you can find it in the admin side.... you'd think that the sort attribute would play some bearing on the actual sort order of the products in the product listing pages...

I'm unable to find out how this is implemented in the 1a 2a 3a 4a thing.

Plugin Contributions

There are separate settings for the Product Sort Order on the:
    Product Info
    Product Listing
    All Listing
    New Listing
    Featured Listing

and these allow you control over each section for flexibility ...

On the 2a, 3a ... look at the values you have for the fields and if they are acending or decending ... or ... go to your catalog and sort the listing the way you want it and look at the header and you will see the setting for the sort ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

It does not matter what settings I change, the products on my site in every category are listed in alphabetical order by product name. Am I missing something? How do I change it so all my products are listed by date added, newest on top? I cannot believe how confusing this is!

Plugin Contributions

But what does the SORT value do? You know , when you export the store to easy populate and there is a SORT value for each product?

How can I enable this?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast