Plugin Contributions

cart error Credit Card process clarification - how do i collect the money?

Hello,
    I'm getting my store up and running @ www.tikioasis.com/store

Everything is going quite smoothly, I'm just uninformed about a few things and wanted to ask the forum for some clarity.

CC Payment and Paypal IPN Modules are loaded and working. My concern is well the normal CC payment that isnt through the paypal IPN. I have about 20 orders that are just credit card based and I'm receiving the information regarding the credit cards full information etc. I want to know how to process this and have it go into my paypal account if possible.

The current credit card orders are all just sitting there 'pending' but not processed. I'm a little worried to actually process them not knowing what the outcome will be..

If it isnt possible to streamline credit card purchases into my paypal without IPN; would the best alternative be using just the paypal IPN with credit card / paypal account support?

I'm semi confused and will continue reading through the docs.. any help would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

-Philip

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card process clarification

If you do not already have a credit card gateway you need to get one such as one of the ones listed on our partners page at the top of the screen ...

If you do not have one already or do not plan to get one, turn off the Credit Card cc Payment Module and start contacting your clients to work out some other form of payment arrangement as you have no method to collect the money ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

the credit card module is there if you process credit cards manually through a terminal. PayPal offers a virtual terminal but I've heard its extremely hard to get approved for it. PayPal IPN offers the customer a choice when they go to pay - either they can use an existing account, or pay via Credit Card through the paypal gateway.

First things first - since you don't have a terminal or a merchant account, disable that credit card module. Once thats done, either try and sign up for the PayPal virtual terminal, sign up for a real merchant account so you can process those orders, or ask the customer to pay via PayPal and destroy the cc info

edit: whoops.. a bit late

Plugin Contributions

Well I am using Camelot Hosting; which I didn't setup. Are you familiar to if they include something? I know they have SSL and most everything else.. from my digging I haven't seen anything related to this.

Plugin Contributions

The default install on Zen Cart has Credit Card and PayPal for testing purposes ...

Prior to when you went Live with your shop did you do any testing to determin how you were going to collect the Credit Card money?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That's where I have my hang up. I'm contracted to help get this fully operational. (i wasnt part of the initial server buy/install of the cart) from the information I've received they mentioned nothing regarding having a credit card processing setup. From before they were using a paypal method.
    I actually got an email today regarding, "why arnt the funds showing up in paypal."

i'm a little new to the cart system I've been playing with it on a local machine for a month or two but that means I've also not been able to get indepth about the payment and receiving process.

The IPN is up and running now and will accepts funds. My impression now is that for all of our credit card orders we've simply received data from these people and are just sitting on it.

Thanks for the speedy replies.