Plugin Contributions

Default Define Pages Editor

I have a client who would like to be able to change the text on the home page for their store at will (ie without paying me to change it). I thought he would be able to do this through the Define Pages Editor in the admin console. However, although the current text appears here, changes made there are not saved.

I've search a little bit for this issue on the forum and suspect it may have something to do with permissions for these files. Can anyone verify that this is the case?

If it is a case of needing to set permissions, how does one allow a client to change this text without mucking around in the file permissions (I'm not sure this client is really capable of that!). I suppose if the file permissions issue is insurmountable I'll just do what I've been doing which to change the text myself by editing the file itself.

Any thoughts?
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages Editor

Hey,
    I have currently a problem with a 1.3.7 version webshop that the text changes are not saved through admin "Define Pages Editor". In another webshop of similar settings it works, so I do not understand what is wrong.

I have tried different permissions, now 777 for it and the text is visible and I can edit it but when I save it, the changes disappear and I still see the original ZC text "This section of text is from the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin. - - "

searching for the forum for similar problem solving already many days...
    I may be blond but at least I found Zen.

Plugin Contributions

What path is showing in the Define Page Editor for the file that you want changed?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What path is showing in the Define Page Editor for the file that you want changed?
    /home/myserver/123456/html/shop/includes/languages/english/html_includes/mytemplate137/define_main_page.php

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you switch to Classic template?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm using a template modified from "apple_zen_template_2.0" and I switched back to the classic but it doesn't really help anything.. still doesn't save the modifications of the text. I also have put all permissions in html_includes in 777 and recursively.

Elli

Plugin Contributions

What php setting (enabling / disabling) affects on this? I was able to look on other shop that is on the same shared server and the define pages editor doesn't save in that one either.
    On the other hand I know that in the same server hotel in another (physically) server this has worked and works still.

Maybe the server hotel has changed some settings for php for their latest servers.
    I will ask tomorrow but if anybody shows me direction what could be the php problem, it could be faster to solve then. ;)

Elli