Plugin Contributions

Default Protx and 3D secure

Not sure if this is going in the right place so moderators move if you wish.

I have been using conors protx direct module on my site for a couple of weeks now. Great mod and excellent support. Thank you conor.

Just wanted to know other peoples understanding of 3D secure.

Meastro went live at the start of July. I thought that visa and mastercard were also running 3D secure and the checks would be carried out if you request it via protx.

I have had several paymets go through now with yellow flags against them for 3D secure. Spent time and money getting this setup yet the cards are not requesting the check and letting the the transactions go through.

My question is, are others having the same experience. What results are yougetting for 3D secure ?

Regards
    Laurie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx and 3D secure

Hi Laurie,

Quote Originally Posted by chalfontgifts View Post
    I thought that visa and mastercard were also running 3D secure and the checks would be carried out if you request it via protx.
    Visa and Mastercard both support 3D-Secure but do not require it as yet.

It is up to the individual Card Issuers to enforce/make use of 3D-Secure.

When you set up your Protx Account to have 3D-Secure checks enabled, it only requests that 3D-Secure be made use of for Visa and Mastercard cards, it does not state that 3D-Secure must be used for these card types.

Eventually 3D-Secure is anticipated to be availed of much more, just as chip and pin has been. For now though the majority of cards do not use it.

Hope that helps set your mind at rest somewhat! :)

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Your shop will also have to have code built into the header to work with 3d-secure.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Your shop will also have to have code built into the header to work with 3d-secure.
    Not with our Protx Direct module, it doesn't. :)

All the best...

Conor
    Last edited by conor; 14 Jul 2007 at 07:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

kool,
    thats good to kow,

can it be disabled with a switch?
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    can it be disabled with a switch?
    The 3D-Secure support?

The usage of 3D-Secure can be disabled by a switch in the Protx Admin, however the Protx Direct module itself always runs expecting the possibility of a 3D-Secure transaction, it has no 3D-Secure "off" switch, just options to set the store's 3D-Secure preferences in case it is enabled.

If a transaction comes back marked as requiring 3D-Secure authorisation the module redirects appropriately. It then restores the checkout session whenever the user has completed the 3D-Secure authorisation and is returned to the store.

No modification of ZC header (or in fact, any) files is needed, nor is the recreation of the Zen Cart functionality in a callback script (a la Paypal) as the user's current store session is used, as are the standard ZC payment class methods. (The current Paypal support could be rewritten to run this way too actually, I'm not sure why it wasn't originally?).

Anyway, the system works well and not having to modify any files results in a module that is very easy to install, so less support time is necessary thankfully! ;)

If you want a copy of the code just pm with your e-mail address Merlinpal and I'll get it off to you.

Sorry Laurie for the tangent... :)

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

We are having similar problems. We are using a different shopping cart although as they don't support 3D Secure - and don't intend to, I am just finishing off my Zen store. It was work in progress anyway, but has been prioritised due to the need for 3D Secure.

We use Streamline for our Merchant account and Protx to handle the transactions. We have had to disable 3D secure checks and request and exemption to do this. Although we have to be 3D secure compliant a.s.a.p!
    If we aren't we can lose our Merchant account...

Could you let me have a copy of your modules/info too? As I am desperate to get this up and running?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by boinkit View Post
    Could you let me have a copy of your modules/info too? As I am desperate to get this up and running?
    You can find information about our modules on our website. We recommend using the Protx Direct method over Form for a more professional shop:

http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/protx_direct