Plugin Contributions

I am continually amazed that Osc and other carts have not implemented this basic change to the cart, you think everyone would be screaming about it. when you make notes to your order and uncheck the NOTIFY CUSTOMER, it sends them the message anyway....funny.

In order to make private notes, you actually need to modify the code account_history_info.php file in standard osc, but I am having difficulty tring to figure out what to modify in Zen.

Any suggestions?

My vote as well to be a pressing feature, its a two second fix to implement it into the base code of Zen. I tested all carts out there (for years) and Zen would be the first to implement this necessary change. Customers should not receive an email when you uncheck Notify customer, that is just wrong. I cannot believe it has not been fixed at the core level years ago.
    Last edited by Kim; 14 Jul 2007 at 04:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unnotified Notes

I can not duplicate your problem - have you actually used Zen Cart?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, in customer orders, type a note. Then uncheck notify customer and it will email it anyway. Also, when customer is logged in, they can see the notes that you have sent, sooooo...say you were to put notes about a customers personality, check writing habits, etc...its open for their review.

This fixes it:

For clarity, to fix this in 1.37

goto /includes/modules/pages/account_history_info
    edit file header_php.php

1ST: CREATE A BACKUP OF FILE header_php.php

FIND:

$statuses_query = "SELECT os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments
    FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " osh
    WHERE osh.orders_id = :ordersID
    AND osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id
    AND os.language_id = :languagesID
    ORDER BY osh.date_added";

CHANGE TO:

$statuses_query = "SELECT os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments
    FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " osh
    WHERE osh.orders_id = :ordersID
    AND osh.customer_notified ='1'
    AND osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id
    AND os.language_id = :languagesID
    ORDER BY osh.date_added";

Plugin Contributions

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this error either ...

If I unmark the checkbox for:
    Notify Customer:

no email is sent ...

When I leave the checkbox for:
    Notify Customer:

checked, then the customer receives the email ...

Do you have any add-ons?

Now as to do they show in the account history ... yes, the notes show in both cases ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

brand new download from your zen site yesterday, no mods at all. this is an flaw of osc base, not zen. as explained in previous post it is not fixed, it is with that tweak mentioned before. duplication? can't help you there, the problem is there and previous post fixes it. i have had to fix this is osc, oscmx, cre and now zen. i have tested and run all in carts with businesses for years, but I am settling down with Zen...hope to help the community more, great product!

uncheck both, notify customer and append notes, email is sent using classic template, nothing else changed. also notes displayed to customer even if you have checked not send to customer (not good).

nntr, its fixed with my post, two back.

regards,

d

Plugin Contributions

I have to concur with Kim and Ajeh,

IF I uncheck the button NO emails are sent,

they do display in account history but they do not send an email,

there was a module around at one time that alowed you to add notes to a customer, and it ONLY displayed for the customer, I believe it was called admin notes
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm.. Okay. Only thing I did different, was unchecked both boxes, notify customer and append notes. It appended notes and notified customers. This was pre any changes to cart code. Will have to remember to test this as a vanilla op test on next install, I have since then severely modded the code - no turning back now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    I have to concur with Kim and Ajeh,

IF I uncheck the button NO emails are sent,

they do display in account history but they do not send an email,
    Merlin summed it up well. The email issue you reported in your first post ... is not a problem in Zen Cart.
    The query you quoted (similar to discussion in another thread) is one way to prevent customers from viewing the non-emailed comments also.

As always, you're free to mod your setup as you desire to suit your needs, which you've already stated you've done.

Thanks for sharing your solution to your need so that others can benefit from it too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.