Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Hi Yellow

Sorry, I'm an idiot... I didn't spot a typo in my regular expression

The var seeker = ... line should be changed to

var seeker = new RegExp(/\(\s*([+-]?)([^0-9]*)([0-9,]+\.[0-9]+)([^0-9)]*)\s*\)/);

That *should* work and I really hope it does

In theory if the updater reports it's unable to recreate the sidebox it will still run... The sideboxes in 1.3.8 are tableless and the Updater can't insert the sidebox because of this... Something else to look into

Sorry about the typo (especially if that's what it turns out to be)

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Hey, you know what, it works now. You are a life saver.

So in conclusion for other people:
    I modified:
    /includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_updater.php
    File the line which contains:
    PHP Code:
    var seeker = new RegExp 
    Replace the whole line by:
    PHP Code:
    var seeker = new RegExp(/\(\s*([+-]?)([^0-9]*)([0-9,]+\.[0-9]+)([^0-9)]*)\s*\)/); 

If you have Lightbox installed, apply the below fix suggested by Clark:
    There are two places in the code that check if: (prArr[i] !== null)
    I changed these two instances to: (prArr[i] == '')
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Drat, floored by a typo!

Glad that worked for you

Matt and Clark, thanks for your help... I have listed the fix in the readme file and credited you both

To make things a little easier I have updated the regular expression to match the new one I gave to Yellow... It should work with any ZC version, provided I haven't made another typo

The new file can be found at http://chrome.me.uk/PriceUpdater.zip

Thanks for all the support and feedback

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Hello Chrome,

Thank you very much for assisting Yellow1912. Yellow1912 was helping me out with my site and I do appreicate your assistance in getting the Dynamic Price Updater working in my store's environment.

David...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post

Sorry this is being such a pain

Dan
    Yeah right! I can't thank you enough for this cool mod! The community is what makes zen so great!!

I have a question or two, if I may. It seems as though the sidebox only wants to appear above a one word sidebox such as 'information' but not above 'shopping_cart'. Does anyone else experience this?

Also, how can I change it from appearing in a sidebox and instead appear in the main page? Can I set some div tags to hold the box? How would I do this?

Thanks!

Matt
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 13 Dec 2007 at 04:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Quote Originally Posted by clarkjarvis View Post
    To correct the issue with Lightbox (assuming that is the issue) I modified the jscript_updater.php as follows:
    There are two places in the code that check if: (prArr[i] !== null)
    I changed these two instances to: (prArr[i] == '')
    Hi Clark & Chrome
    just to let you know that this fix is working fine for me (zen-cart 1.3.7 with lightbox). Glad to be able to use this excellent contribution now!
    Thanks!
    webchills

Plugin Contributions

Hi

David, I thought I recognised the URL! I had a busy weekend so was planning to get round to some fixes... I'm glad it's finally working for you

Thanks Matt! The Updater certainly should be able to appear above any sidebox you choose... Can you set it to the sidebox you would like it to appear above then post the debug messages? Might be able to figure it from there (if not I'll need a link)

Currently the Updater can't be placed in the centre column due to the way it creates itself... It actually creates everything for itself as it goes... It may be a scoping adjustment to get it to show up in the main description... I'm definitely going to check this out as it has been mentioned before

I'm glad it's working for you Webchills ... Thanks to Clark for that one, genius that he is

Thanks all again for the support and feedback

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Here's something weird, I've been struggling with it for hours.....

So everything appeared to work on my super heavily modded cart with lightbox. I all happy that I can get them to work together. So I start adding new product with attributes, and guess what. The updater completely ignored the new attributes! It wouldn't even re-adjust the price "starting at" text like it usually does and didn't display the (1) next to the price. Now, when I added multiple products to the cart the updater would kick in with the right price for the default attribute but still wouldn't recognise the other attributes. I tried all sorts, but nothing worked. It was as if the updater was completely ignoring the attributes, the debugger wouldn't show them either. But the weird thing was that it was working perfect for my original test item, but when I added another attribute to that item it would ignore the new attribute. I'm tearing my hair out, was it something in the database that wasn't recognising the new attributes? I checked the database and indeed the new attributes were there. I combed through everything to make sure there weren't any differences with the new items and attributes versus the ones that were working from before. I was getting really stumped, I'm still a newbie although I am reading a lot of new programming books I'm at about Programming 202 level. Just as I was ready to stick my boot through the monitor I thought I would try one last thing.

The only difference, I realised (I wish it were 5 hours ago!), was the functioning attributes had images and all of the new ones didn't. I had regarded that as inconsequential, but lo and behold! as soon as I added attribute pictures everything started to behave again!!

I have far too many mods going to be able to decipher what is happening, so I am going to make my live test site more like my live site to see if I can figure out what is going on. At the end of the day it's no biggie because I am going to use pics with all of the attributes that the updater will care about. But I hate not knowing why something is happening the way it is, so I am chalking it up to a learning lesson!

So if anyone else out there that is using IH2, Lightbox and Updater has any problems like this make sure you have an attribute picture.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

To further my above post, here is the debugger info. The first is without attribute images:

Onload quantity: Cart add INPUT discovered (1)
    Onload base price: Price found: 6.2
    Onload RAD/CH: Price found: 6.2
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-1
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-2
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-3
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-1
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-2
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-3
    Onload: --- End of loading procedures ---

And this one is with attribute images:

Onload base price: Price found: 7
    Onload RAD/CH: Price found: 7
    updateR: *Adj* - Radio - Name: id[1] - Price adjust: 7 - Mode:
    updatePriceNow: Item:
    chrome - Mode: Base - Altering base to 7
    updSP: Cancelled
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-1 : Adjusted!
    Onload RAD/CH: Name - id[1] : ID - attrib-1-2 : Adjusted!
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    updateR: *Adj* - Radio - Name: id[1] - Price adjust: 8 - Mode:
    brass - Mode: Base - Altering base to 8

This could totally be something to do with my customized attributes controller and dual pricing. I am using the improved attributes controller-b with modification for adding a wholesale field. I tried to revert to the stock attributes controller but I was getting an error about the columns not lining up with the fields since the database was altered to allow the wholesale pricing and I was too rushed to try to fix that part of it since it made my whole live site go down. This will be the first area that I try to recreate in teh live test site to see if that is the issue.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    The Updater certainly should be able to appear above any sidebox you choose... Can you set it to the sidebox you would like it to appear above then post the debug messages? Might be able to figure it from there (if not I'll need a link)
    Here's the debugger info with the sidebox set to 'shopping_cart':

Onload base price: Price found: 7
    createSB: Sidebox could not be created!
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    createSB: Sidebox could not be created!

I thought that perhaps because the shopping cart sidebox is set to appear only when there is an item in it that the updater would have a hard time placing the sidebox when the shopping cart wasn't there. So I set it to 'testimonials_manager' since that is always present but it's the same error message in the debugger. I thought that perhaps it had something to do with trying to set it in the right sidebox since the information sidebox default is on the left side in my site, but that wasn't right since I can set it above the search box in the right column. It appears that it just doesn't like the _ in the sidebox. I hope this helps shed some light.

Currently the Updater can't be placed in the centre column due to the way it creates itself... It actually creates everything for itself as it goes... It may be a scoping adjustment to get it to show up in the main description... I'm definitely going to check this out as it has been mentioned before
    Let me know if you need a tester. As you can see, I'm good at breaking things!

Javascript seems so far to be the most abstract language to wrap my head around although I am only a couple of chapters into Flanagan's Javascript book and I'm waiting for a Beginning Javascript Novice to Pro book to arrive. Like the regExp you posted is soooo abstract, I hope that after reading and studying it will all make perfect sense!

Matt