Page 57 of 167 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Thanks Dan,

Top work, I was looking in the right file (as it could have only been that one!) but to no avail.

Appreciate it...

Steve
    Steve
    Site Under Construction: adatglobal.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

First of all, thanks so much for this contribution.
    1. My "Your Price: $XX.XX (X)" message shows twice, how can I fix that?
    2. Would there be a way to show the quantiy update (X) only if the customer enters two or more on the add to cart qty box?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I am very interested in using this contribution. However, I noticed your site is down. Is there an alternative location to download this file? Or do you mind PMing it to me. Thanks for the great work!

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Crikey, I'd forgotten my site was down... I'll try my best to get it back up and running tonight (it's been moved to a new server)

Dan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by christianpatrick View Post
    I am very interested in using this contribution. However, I noticed your site is down. Is there an alternative location to download this file? Or do you mind PMing it to me. Thanks for the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi

Crikey, I'd forgotten my site was down... I'll try my best to get it back up and running tonight (it's been moved to a new server)

Dan
    Addons supported on the Zen Cart site are supposed to be uploaded to the Free Addons area so these kinds of problems don't happen.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Site is back online... The mixture of DB engines can make it tricky to migrate

DrByte: I do recall offering the Updater for the official downloads section but being told that the bugs should be worked out first... Perfectly reasonable... Except that V1 was [unfortunately] riddled with bugs and a few remain in V2 (extended apologies) so I never reapplied to the section

In fairness my site has been down only twice since the Updater was released (around 3 and a half years ago) and I'm sure my excellent admin has the server in close quarters now

Aplogies for the inconvenience

Cheers

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dan.
    Exceptional work you are doing!. Thanks for your pitbull attitude to getting this just right. This is all new stuff for me, so please excuse my "techie" ignorance!. I installed the DPU 2.0a version yesterday. Works just fine!.

Except for a small problem, on those items I have as "Specials". The "original price, special price, and you save percent off" is replaced with the "Your Price" (DPU price) on the page.

I don't mind the DPU "Your Price" showing in the bottom instance, but I would like to keep the first instance of it at the top as "Original price, special price, with the Percent saved" intact, under the title. Can you tell me what I need to do. Thanks so much! You really are a tremendous asset to zencart.
    You can see a test here:

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The display is manage by the class in the template ... so I made the one at the top use a different class so the price did not change and put one at the bottom where the add to cart quantity is put in that had the class that gets changed ...

This way, the original price always shows on the page and the changing price of what the "actual" price will be based on quantity etc. would show right where the customer is working down by the attributes and add to cart quantity box ...
    Linda.

Please put yourself in a newbies shoes (we all begin this way!). You have generally explained the way I want my product page displayed, BUT, Your instructions are still confusing to me.

1) "The display is managed by the class in the template."
    Which template are you talking about, where do i locate it?
    2) "So I made the one at the top use a different class."
    Specifically what did you change and to what??
    3) "and put one at the bottom where the add to cart quanitity is put etc"

I would really appreciate it if you would explain more clearly.
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Find the Price Block delimited with:
    <!--bof Product Price block -->
    stuff here
    <!--eof Product Price block -->
    Copy it and change the class that it uses so that one uses the original class that is used with the Price Updater and another one so that it doesn't use it ...

What you get is two price displays ... one that reacts to the Price Updater and one that does not and shows the regular Price display ...

Once you have the two working correctly you can adjust where the prices display ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Find the Price Block delimited with:

Copy it and change the class that it uses so that one uses the original class that is used with the Price Updater and another one so that it doesn't use it ...

What you get is two price displays ... one that reacts to the Price Updater and one that does not and shows the regular Price display ...

Once you have the two working correctly you can adjust where the prices display ...
    Thanks Linda. That made sense!