Page 157 of 167 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1668
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price Updater

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Don't read into any info about upgrade without optimism as your glasses. So many things are improved. Many are involved. Nearly decades old bugs are being "found" because more are invited to contribute. Heck, they even let me help here and there.

I understand. It seems as though many 156c questions that are not in the bugs forum are answered by 'go get this file from 157' That's a good thing
    But, it's more about what the owner thinks they need than what they really need. "Gotta have purdy!" "Need geo tags!" Really? So the person can stop buying on line at 2 AM and wait until tomorrow to drive to your store?

We gave up on the really purdy stuff a few years ago... outside of color changes... we don't do BLUE around here and BLUE seems to be the majority favorite.
    But here's just one small part of 1.5.7. Accessibility. Doesn't mean you get more workspace on your desk. It's standards the W3C have set forth worldwide to make it better for everyone to shop. There's a couple of Chrome extensions (Web Developer and Lighthouse) that can make a store owner stop the craziness of thinking the SEs like big, fancy colors and graphics which the SEs will NEVER be able to see. We've been playing with responsive_classic as there still needs to be something for the little guy to use until they can find something "better". And, believe me, I use the term facetiously!.

https://tinyurl.com/yb5b3p36 is a test site for 1.5.7 with no mods and all demo products added. It has all sideboxes and visible settings turned on.

Using Web Developer, the site has no CSS errors except for those in the font-awesome.css that we can't control. And, there's only one HTML warning still to be addressed. Web Developer's Accessibility test gives us no errors (well, occasionally one when the bannerSix doesn't have an alt tag) and, importantly, no contrast errors. The Alerts are really a feature for the responsiv_classic template in that they result from Zen Cart "covering" the page with your product's name. It's Zen Cart's version of, "That number to call, again, is.."

Using Lighthouse, we get a score of 99, 100, 100, 100. Again, the 99 is due to external issues (jQuery and the aforementioned font-awesome.css). We could bring them in house but, you'd have to update once a week. Now, THAT is scary. I've attached an image of the score. Can't say we've given that a thought/consideration
    SO.... After all this, what in the world does it have to do with DPU? Actually, a lot. When you add a special/discount, the price is shown with any changes on the product's page and any other page that contains a listing for the product. The original price is lined out and the new price is in red (good old #FF0000). Nearly 10% of the world's population might never see the price. They cannot see red. So, if you look at the Specials Page, you may think the color is a little off but, its setting means the entire world has a better chance of seeing it. Google Web Accessibility Lawsuits. 2017 - #814. 2018 - #2285. 2019 - ~2500+. These are US figures.

Specials/discounted price display is not a big thing for us, nor is the color. With over 1000 attribute combinations possible on a single product sold in fractional units, with some attributes affecting pricing also in fractional units, it is easier for a customer to see what they are getting ready to add to cart instead of being required to add to cart in order to see the price.
    The part that scares me is when I read portions of a current plugin is now part of core.... AND what happens to the portion of the plugin that is not core? For a user who might not read everything before they start. That's one thing I have learned over the past 10 years... people dont read... myself included at times. But at least I can say that I make an effort to read. Might not be able to comprehend what I am reading well enough to implement things or attempt to implement and cause myself a few days of headache. But I did read.

I avoid customizations like the plague except as last resort. That is a guarantee for disaster in future upgrades. I avoid code that has some people's name attached except as last resort too. That, I have learned over the last 10 years also.

I do appreciate the time you have taken which has made me take the time to think things through a bit more thoroughly.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    The part that scares me is when I read portions of a current plugin is now part of core.... AND what happens to the portion of the plugin that is not core? For a user who might not read everything before they start. That's one thing I have learned over the past 10 years... people dont read... myself included at times. But at least I can say that I make an effort to read. Might not be able to comprehend what I am reading well enough to implement things or attempt to implement and cause myself a few days of headache. But I did read.
    Two good points.

Again, think of the mod as having certain elements that may well have been moved into the core in 155 or especially 156. It may just be that new functionality in some other area of pricing eliminates the need for all of DPU to be ported over.

Reading!?! You think people need to read!?!. I like the ones that read the posting tips reminder juuuussssst enough to know to remove that portion before posting. No current version, no mods, no link, etc, etc, etc.

Your site does very well on Accessibility. The only item that is not already fixed in 1.5.7's non-css area is the contrast of your site. It's also one of the reasons we're revamping the Color Change mod for 1.5.7. In your case, color-second is the problem (probably copied from our mod -- or so I read) The hex is too harsh if the browser doesn't use the rgba. Compatibility is driving us to lighter hex and more opaque rgba colors to keep from "blasting" folks out.

And, so many are finding that the opacity really go off the charts if two or more are on top of each other. A quick example is to go to your site and F12 or right-click to inspect. Navigate to the @navManWrapper and turn off both the hex and rgba. Watch your Categories header as you turn either one back on. Notice how it can be three different colors depending upon where the opacity is entered.

Anyway, enough of the hijacking. Keep those positive thoughts going and you won't be #0000FF

Plugin Contributions

zc 157
    vanilla install
    drop db tables
    import 156c db tables from live site
    clone responsive classic template
    OPC plugin installed

DPU doesn't play nice. Product screens just flash and flash and flash
    Is this an example of plugin not ready for primetime 157, an ID10t error on my part or something else?

https://srevaewniahc (A DOT GOES HERE) info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

zc 157
    vanilla install
    drop db tables
    import 156c db tables from live site
    clone responsive classic template
    OPC plugin installed

DPU doesn't play nice. Product screens just flash and flash and flash
    Is this an example of plugin not ready for primetime 157, an ID10t error on my part or something else?

https://srevaewniahc (A DOT GOES HERE) info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9
    Darnit, somewhere in the forum I posted the fix for the issue other than referring to the latest branch for github.

Basically there was a need identified in ZC 1.5.7 to require that a main_page parameter always accompany a products_id parameter. Couple this with the fact that zen_get_all_get_params doesn't actually return *ALL* of the parameters in the $_GET array and yes, the page(s) load again and again because of the Ajax request going through the sanitizer and forcing a page reload... the change, presented here: https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...ter/tree/3.2.1

Though there is one additional feature currently off of that branch (discussed above) to properly respect the upgrade check flag at: https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...t_update_check
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. OK, so the zc plugin DPU is obsolete for anything other than what is listed.

I followed the links, both seem the same. I see references but I don't see a 'download all the correct files' button or a "download the complete plugin" button.

Can you help with a simple explanation of where I am missing the download button?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. OK, so the zc plugin DPU is obsolete for anything other than what is listed.

I followed the links, both seem the same. I see references but I don't see a 'download all the correct files' button or a "download the complete plugin" button.

Can you help with a simple explanation of where I am missing the download button?
    On my mobile I didn't see the "big button" either, but when I viewed the source code of the page, I found this link that will download at least the 3.2.1 branch as a zip:
    https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...hive/3.2.1.zip

For the other branch, replace the above 3.2.1 with the branch name.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. It's on tomorrow's todo list.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. Works as expected, no flashes.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

zen 1.56c php 7.0
    i have map pricing module installed (Shows price as - Priced so low Unable to show a price. add to cart to see price.) and this module. when this module is activated it shows the price. how can i not have it effect that module?
    also have certain products price at a sq ft. but sold by the box. this module changes the sq ft. price to sold by the box price.
    this module also takes away the text before the price and only shows the price.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    zen 1.56c php 7.0
    i have map pricing module installed (Shows price as - Priced so low Unable to show a price. add to cart to see price.) and this module. when this module is activated it shows the price. how can i not have it effect that module?
    also have certain products price at a sq ft. but sold by the box. this module changes the sq ft. price to sold by the box price.
    this module also takes away the text before the price and only shows the price.
    For MAP, will need to intercept output of this plugin so that it doesn't attempt to actually show what is in the cart for those product. There is I thought a section of code that somewhat covers this situation. Recommendation would be that the plugin be disabled for product that are tracked by MAP which is done at the beginning of the associated code set in the files added to includes/modules/pages/PRODUCT_TYPE/.

As far as the "sold by the box" versus square foot. This module works off of providing the cost and associated information based off of what the shopping cart itself reports. It is possible to intercept that information and alter it to what is needed for the various product, but whatever it is that makes the product's price display unique upon landing there, needs to be carried over to that processing so that the appropriate "type" of price is shown.

The shopping_cart class has notifiers that could potentially be used knowing that the current page is say the product_info page and/or that the source function/class is/was the DPU class or a function within it, etc... even perhaps one of the notifiers in the DPU class could be used to intercept the value(s) and do some sort of conversion based on information captured from earlier gathered information when the shopping_cart class ($_SESSION['cart']) was "triggered"/accessed.