Page 148 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1668
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Surely doable, but confused about how the two difference in charges are generated. It looks like some sort of combination of product on the product page that then get added individually to the cart instead of each of the attributes being a sub-feature of the product with the total price displayed.

Otherwise it seems to be a feature of the shopping cart template that is being used.

I say this as for example in a demo cart, products_id of 1 and 2 each have attributes that affect the price of the final purchase; however, when the product is added to the cart, then the total price is shown and not the individual price of each of the attributes.

While from that the display of prices can be modified, there doesn't seem to be as much of a need by using javascript on the shopping cart unless you are looking for the prices to change based on entering/modifying the quantity of the items when looking at the shopping cart.
    I use my attributes to calculate any quantity the customer wants for a specific product. I do this by using an offline estimating tool I wrote & use to estimate printing prices. I separate the fixed charges (such as a setup charge for the printing press, or the cost to make a plate) for each attribute from running charges (cost of each print which consists of paper costs and shop labor per print), so for many attributes the running charge is multiplied by the quantity the customer enters in the quantity box and added to the fixed charge (one time charges in the attributes controller). With the DPU it adds all this up and gives the customer one price displayed until it is put in the cart, there it shows the breakdown by 2 lines, one lines shows all the one time charges and the other line on top shows the price of all combined attributes running charges x the quantity in the quantity box.
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBuckle View Post
    I use my attributes to calculate any quantity the customer wants for a specific product. I do this by using an offline estimating tool I wrote & use to estimate printing prices. I separate the fixed charges (such as a setup charge for the printing press, or the cost to make a plate) for each attribute from running charges (cost of each print which consists of paper costs and shop labor per print), so for many attributes the running charge is multiplied by the quantity the customer enters in the quantity box and added to the fixed charge (one time charges in the attributes controller). With the DPU it adds all this up and gives the customer one price displayed until it is put in the cart, there it shows the breakdown by 2 lines, one lines shows all the one time charges and the other line on top shows the price of all combined attributes running charges x the quantity in the quantity box.
    Based on your above explanation of using one-time attribute fees in conjunction with a fee per quantity of product/attribute, I was able to reproduce the visualization of two fees stacked on top of each other in the shopping cart page as you described and showed. The "cause" of the stacked values on the shopping cart page is from the header_php.php file of the shopping cart: includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php

In this file when there are one-time payments calculated, an additional "row" is added to the product information so that the individual prices associated with the total are presented. In many cases this is ideal so that the customer is able to see how the total is determined. Perhaps additional verbiage could be added or it is possible to add an additional row that shows the total for that product when such a condition exists. I haven't gone through all of the potential iterations and sub-totals that could be displayed; however, it seems that it would be in this generation of product information that you may want to either add a total row (when there are one-time charges to be applied or any other additional charge added to the "base" price of the product).

All that said, and while this issue may have been observed as a result of using DPU, unless the goal is for DPU to update the individual prices when the quantity on the shopping cart page is modified, I would actually suggest either starting a new thread about this topic (more people seeing a similar condition and wanting to have a similar solution would likely see it and also benefit from it) or seeking support for this customization (perhaps allowing such customization to be returned to the community). I suggest this also because the result seen/sought is not directly associated with the functionality added by DPU.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am using Ultimate Urls 2.215 and also use DPU (Dynamic Price Updater). I noticed that on my Ultimate URLs html pages that the DPU price update did not work, the ajax gif just spins constantly. I checked corresponding php product page and it works. This is happening on all html pages generated by Ultimate URLs. I am running Zen v1.5.4 and the latest version of DPU 3.2.0.

I posted this to the Ultimate Urls thread as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John
    John

Plugin Contributions

Ah, the two biggest non-joys of Zen Cart.

Store-bought Templates and "Fixed" URLs.

At the risk of starting the flames burning, there is no proof that a "fixed" URL does any better of a job in site ranking that the good old "/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=706"

It's more common than not that any change after URLs are "fixed" causes something to break.

It may be a good time to move up to 1.5.5f and the newer mods. https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am using Ultimate Urls 2.215 and also use DPU (Dynamic Price Updater). I noticed that on my Ultimate URLs html pages that the DPU price update did not work, the ajax gif just spins constantly. I checked corresponding php product page and it works. This is happening on all html pages generated by Ultimate URLs. I am running Zen v1.5.4 and the latest version of DPU 3.2.0.

I posted this to the Ultimate Urls thread as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John
    So I tried following to the site in your signature (www.discountprintingservice.com) but don't see that there are any product with attributes so difficult to identify what is going on and perhaps why there is an issue. There may be something that needs to be excluded from being rewritten within the USU software. It's not my URI rewriter of choice, but is one of the two recommended if rewriting uris.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So I tried following to the site in your signature (www.discountprintingservice.com) but don't see that there are any product with attributes so difficult to identify what is going on and perhaps why there is an issue. There may be something that needs to be excluded from being rewritten within the USU software. It's not my URI rewriter of choice, but is one of the two recommended if rewriting uris.
    The products under carbonless forms are all priced by attributes. Here is the same product page the first one php and the second one html, the later which does not display the price.

https://www.discountprintingservice....dune3ikq7buqc5

https://discountprintingservice.com/...x-7-p-233.html
    John

Plugin Contributions

The products under carbonless forms are all priced by attributes. Here is the same product page the first one php and the second one html, the later which does not display the price.

https://www.discountprintingservice....dune3ikq7buqc5

https://discountprintingservice.com/...x-7-p-233.html
    There are script and validation errors on the site with rewrites. Four script errors were identified in the console when I accessed that page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater and bootstrap template

Hi guys I am using the bootstrap template and the DPU does not work with the default installation with it. If I switch to the responsive classic it works as expected. Is this an issue of changing the default settings in the plug in or is totally incompatible with the specific template.(Zencart 1.5.5f)

Plugin Contributions

ZCA Bootstrap Template

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Georgecy View Post
    ZCA Bootstrap Template
    I haven't installed that template for testing, but I would make sure that the template related files were installed to each override area for the template(s) to be used. If that has been verified true, then I would advise to verify that the page(s) pass html validation. Then would check to see if there are any console errors associated with loading the page. And then yes would look at the html tags in use to see that say the price block uses html id tag: productPrices.

I would expect that the template would still use default related html tags to some extent as that is part of maintaining a compatible template. But if it doesn't I wouldn't say that the template is bad, just some things need a little tweak to function as expected.