Page 160 of 167 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1668
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater and bootstrap template

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel65 View Post
    i googled zen cart dynamic price update and found this

https://github.com/Zen4All-nl/Zen-Ca...-Price-Updater is it not the right one?
    I'm not going to say no because Design75 stepped away from the code for a period of time during which I made modifications that "presumably" are incorporated into that version which at last look appeared to be being rewritten to consider installation to the oldest of either ZC 1.5.6 or ZC 1.5.7 (I don't recall). Initial transfer appeared to incorporate the latest that I had worked on as found at: https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...ter/tree/3.2.1 (Though I would recommend also incorporating https://github.com/mc12345678/Dynami...98e98562f548cb)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel65 View Post
    Ok the product is deffinately set to priced by attributes

Im not too sure what you meant by "For attributes, consider the settings for at least: Default and Base Price."

all the attributes in both colour and size are set to Display only X ,Free O, Default X, Discounted O ,Base Price O,Required X
    (this where a screen shot would be handy if i could get one into the post)

I have tried turning the defaults on and off, setting all but one to either x or o,with and without setting free to x or o
    I have also tried setting the priority of the options so that it did size first, with exactly the same result
    Display only implies that the option should not be selected. Unfortunately I'm not sure I necessarily follow the meaning of X versus O. To me an X means that it is chosen and an O means that it is not. For a brief/quick explanation, default is intended to indicate that the attribute option will be marked for selection when the page is freshly loaded. There is a little bit of a caveat to that depending on the selection type. If it is a dropdown, then the last item marked for default is expected to be the active selection when the customer arrives at the product. If is a radio, then I believe the same is true (I've forgotten at the moment) of the last one or if made possible that all such radio buttons are selected, if it is a checkbox, then each item set as default is already selected for the customer.

If free is selected, then when the product is identified as being free (a priced-by-attributes product that has any attribute set to a non-zero price would not be considered free) then the attributes price is treated as free as well. The priority is a display situation not used to influence the "base" price. Discounted allows the discount applied to the product to also be applied to the attributes. Base Price supports identifying the lowest price of the product.

One thing identified by RixStix is that it is possible in some setups while using DPU that if a selection is not "pre-made" then the DPU response price is 0 until at least one selection is made. That said, I also just noticed that using 1.5.6c where the current released sub-version is 1.5.6f... There may be other issues in play as a result of not being up-to-date at least within the 1.5.6 series (1.5.7 has been issued as well).

All that said, for understanding, what happens with this plugin is basically, the page is displayed, the product is effectively added to the shopping cart with the "lowest priced" selections made, the price that results is returned for evaluation. At least in the work I did, there are multiple "conditions" evaluated. If no selections are made, then the customer is to basically be notified of what the smallest price expected would be, until all selections are made the customer is provided slightly different text intended to indicate that the final price hasn't been determined is provided, and once all selections have been made the "final" price of the product is displayed. Certainly the text variations can all be made the same if so desired, but I wanted to offer an opportunity to improve the customer experience in understanding their selections before attempting to add the selection(s) to the cart. I don't know if such is being carried over/on. I am sure that Design75 would appreciate more information about how to reproduce the issue so that it may be corrected, though also in looking at the github site I see that there is a development version that is being identified as 4.0.0 b4 I believe.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@mc12345678: your pm message quota is full, preventing more being received.

Just to let you know I am working on this (with ZC158). I have used the Zen4All develop branch as a starting point.
    What put me off previously was the two repositories for reporting issues, each with it's own branches...but since he has consolidated fixes between three sources I'm just going to report issues on Erik's and PR my changes to that one.

When I have finished my fettling for my purposes I'll let you know so you can check out unresolved issues that may have been fixed on the way.
    This is a very complicated mod to test as it can/should handle so many eventualities.....
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    @mc12345678: your pm message quota is full, preventing more being received.

Just to let you know I am working on this (with ZC158). I have used the Zen4All develop branch as a starting point.
    What put me off previously was the two repositories for reporting issues, each with it's own branches...but since he has consolidated fixes between three sources I'm just going to report issues on Erik's and PR my changes to that one.

When I have finished my fettling for my purposes I'll let you know so you can check out unresolved issues that may have been fixed on the way.
    This is a very complicated mod to test as it can/should handle so many eventualities.....
    Thanks for the heads up on all fronts.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking at an issue to do with restricting its operation, and I must clarify for my own sanity that this should be processing the price only:

a) if a product has attributes that contain pricing data. So if all are zero, no need for DPU.
    b) for any product on a cart quantity box change. So if no quantity box (or order quantity maximum is 1), no need for DPU.

Any other situations?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Any idea when the v4.0.0 will be out of beta?
    John

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I'm having an issue with a brand new ZC installation. ZC version is 1.5.7d and the latest of this module found in the plugin area.

DPU works fine, except on radio buttons. For some reason the wheel won't stop spinning.

I remember I had this or similar issue a few years back, and we had made changes to a few files.

The files we modified were the pages>product_info>jscript_dynamic_price_updater.php and the includes>classes>dynamic_price_updater.php.

This is the page where the issue appears https://www.byvalenti.com/ZCBASE/tin...ul-colors-p-33

Would you be able to help out?

Thank you!
    Last edited by mvstudio; 17 Mar 2022 at 04:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    Hello. I'm having an issue with a brand new ZC installation. ZC version is 1.5.7d and the latest of this module found in the plugin area.

DPU works fine, except on radio buttons. For some reason the wheel won't stop spinning.

I remember I had this or similar issue a few years back, and we had made changes to a few files.

The files we modified were the pages>product_info>jscript_dynamic_price_updater.php and the includes>classes>dynamic_price_updater.php.

This is the page where the issue appears https://www.byvalenti.com/ZCBASE/tin...ul-colors-p-33

Thank you!
    Unless someone else also responds before I get a chance to look into this, I will take a look but haven't personally experienced that issue (yet).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Unless someone else also responds before I get a chance to look into this, I will take a look but haven't personally experienced that issue (yet).
    Thank you! I'm trying to see if the changes we made back then would work, but the files are substantially different and my php skills quite poor

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I've looked over this to the extent that I can with the hardware immediately available. I see that the software being used is from the Beta 4.0.0 path.

I haven't gone back to review/validate this version so hopefully someone more familiar can further assist.

When I get to where I can follow the script, I might be able to identify something further about why the code stops at the initial display of the "thinking" area. There are though sufficient differences in the includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_dynamic_price_updater.php file to possibly cause this issue.

Ideally would suggest identifying this as an issue at the location from which the software was downloaded and then posting back here when and how it was resolved.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I'm trying to see if the changes we made back then would work, but the files are substantially different and my php skills quite poor
    This is more than likely a jQuery related issue which is a different set of skills than php. :) If can identify what those changes were, perhaps they could be identified as helpful or otherwise further corrected.