Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Updated file for download at http://chrome.me.uk/PriceUpdater.zip

There are 2 files included (/includes/modules/pages/product_info/)... jscript_updater.php and jscript_updater_new.php

The _new file includes the radio/checkbox capabilities and is currently very much in test mode... Delete the file you do not want to use then upload the one you do want to use and that's all

If you have downloaded a previous version and have it in place I recommend renaming the original file (j_script_updater.php is a good choice) then uploading the new file... This means if any issues arise restoring the original configuration should be easy

For clarification, at this point there are 2 known issues: Doesn't work for items on sale; Doesn't identify multiple cart additions... These are in the pipeline

Any feedback or bug reports would be greatly appreciated

Dan

Plugin Contributions

I've posted (yet another) update for this mod (http://chrome.me.uk/PriceUpdater.zip) which can be seen working at http://chrome.me.uk/shopdev/

Hopefully I've fixed a few problems (most likely created a few more)... The Updater can now work with [some] sales and is quantity-aware

Prices will take into account the quantity the user has specified and adjust themselves accordingly... The quantities can be displayed in the main price header and the sidebox (these can be switched on or off independently)... Read the included readme for more information or post here if what I've written doesn't make sense

The Updater should now be aware of all radio/checkboxes

Also I've updated so that, hopefully, the currency shouldn't be an issue

Yet again, all feedback and bug reports are very much appreciated and I thank you all for your patience

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Not keen on Priced by Attribute ...

The Gift Certificates with attributes is a good example ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Not keen on Priced by Attribute ...

The Gift Certificates with attributes is a good example ...
    Interesting point there because the product is listed as starting at 5 then the 1st attribute says 5 (+5)

To my mind the first attribute should be 5 (+0) as nothing is being added to the base price... Second attrib would then be 10 (+5), 15 (+10) etc.

That's how I coded Updater to function (technically, the Updater finds 2 values but offers precedence to the value in parantheses for the above reason)

at http://chrome.me.uk/shopdev/index.ph...products_id=36 the base price is adjusted but no price adjustment (from base) is listed

I have to admit I'm hazy on the attributes and GVs so I've based the logic model on what I've seen

If I've got it a bit wrong I will recheck my regex's and release a new version

Cheers for the feedback!

Dan

Plugin Contributions

The Priced by Attribute is usually products_price 0.00 where the lowest price of each Option Name(s) Option Value is used to make the base price ...

Probably that product should be done without the prefixes on the attributes to avoid visual confusion ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The Priced by Attribute is usually products_price 0.00 where the lowest price of each Option Name(s) Option Value is used to make the base price ...

Probably that product should be done without the prefixes on the attributes to avoid visual confusion ...
    Incidentally, the removal of visual confusion would also fix the Updater... It uses the +, - or lack of prefix as the definitions of how the value should be handled

I just threw the default products included with the installation in there so I had something to work with

I'll do some more investigating and strengthen some of the routines

Thanks!

Dan

Plugin Contributions

That could run into issues ...

Some sites use the + or blank for add and the only guarantee on a prefix is where - means subtract ...

Again we run into the visual issue here ...

This is one of the reasons the IF on attributes was switched way back in v1.x to be if negative do this otherwise do that ... so the default would be add ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ah

So it seems the Updater is doomed to only work with some installations

Without being able to rely on the prefix, and owing to the way it works, the Updater can never be guaranteed to be stable

Oh well, it was a nice idea... I'll leave the file in place so people can try it to see if it works for them... I'll continue to offer support here and additions if anyone wants them

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Bet this means you don't want me to even mention TEXT attributes charged by letter or word, eh?

Ain't if fun to be a coder?!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Aha! I'd spotted the text attributes and was scratching my head for a theory... I had half of one but hey lol

Yep coding is ace lol

Dan

Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast