Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default paypal ipn = no download product

Hello
    I'm having real trouble figuring out why ipn won't play ball.
    pre amble-
    I have both paypal ipn and express checkout installed, all other payment modules are disabled. The latest paypal patches have been applied (I have 4 languages and the paypalwpp.php patch has replaced its older version in all 4 language>modules>payment directories. All the relevant return/checkout adresses are double checked and appear to be correct and the pdt code is in place.
    Express checkout works fine, ipn doesn't. However, if I disable ipn and only have express, it also doesn't work. Express works through the yellow button or the checkout choice radio button.

Here's what happens when it works:
    add an item to the cart and click checkout. On the next page choose radio buttons paypal ipn or paypal.
    After choosing paypal click continue checkout. On the next page click confirm. Get taken to Paypal, confirm the order and auto return to my confirm pages. after finally confirming the order, a download link to the product appears at checkout success.

However, when I choose ipn and go through the same process with the difference that I have to manually return to my confirmation pages from paypal, no download link appears, or the link to the last thing ordered appears. The email invoices are sent, the money seems to be taken by paypal and I get a message saying the download is not available until the payment is confirmed or some such thing. The order doesn't show up in my admin orders list. I would gladly disable ipn not least because it is a tad confusing having 2 payment options and them both being paypal. But I have to keep it because otherwise express won't work.
    Long winded and I apologise, but I'm hoping there is enough info there for someone to recognise what is going on. I really hope so :) I am sure it is my inexperience causing a user error so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Egg

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal ipn = no download product

Is it ok to run both ipn and express? Why would you run both?

Just as a test, turn off express and see if the download works.

JP

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try turning on debug logging in the IPN module:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Then zip all the log files and post them here after doing some test transactions that fail.

What is the URL to your site ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK thank you, I will try both those suggestions. I would rather just run express but it doesn't work unless ipn is also enabled :S
    the url is egghedz.com
    thanks, back in a jiffy.
    Egg

Plugin Contributions

Disabling express doesn't work.
    I have also just noted that if the customer has made a previous order then that last order appears at checkout success. However if the customer has no previous orders, no link appears, a message says you can also download from your account but no such links exist.
    Thank you for your help.
    Egg

Logs:
    download logs

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What kind of PayPal account do you have ?
    In some cases you have your PayPal IPN module configured to use info AT egghedz DOT com which is apparently not registered with PayPal.
    In other cases PayPal is suggesting that it should really be savbox AT blueyonder DOT co DOT uk

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by egghed View Post
    I have also just noted that if the customer has made a previous order then that last order appears at checkout success. However if the customer has no previous orders, no link appears, a message says you can also download from your account but no such links exist.
    That's a classic indicator that you have not configured your PayPal IPN module correctly. It could be an invalid Paypal account address, invalid PDT information, or other misconfigurations.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What kind of PayPal account do you have ?
    In some cases you have your PayPal IPN module configured to use ******** which is apparently not registered with PayPal.
    In other cases PayPal is suggesting that it should really be *********
    Ah right, I'm betting this is the problem. Because my original personal paypal account was already established and verified I upgraded it to accomodate this project. I'll go and double check those settings and report back.
    Thanks
    Egg
    Last edited by DrByte; 16 Jul 2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: obfuscating email addresses to prevent spam

Plugin Contributions

This was the problem, use error as expected, I thought I had enabled a second email address at paypal but it needed to be confirmed :)
    So I have ipn working now and since it seems to be reliable will use only ipn.
    As an aside, I did then go on to disable ipn and use only express but the product link was still a no show. It doesn't matter now since I've chosen to use ipn and I need to move on, but I guess I should return to this at some point and enable debug there too...

Thanks for all your help
    Egg

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by egghed View Post
    I guess I should return to this at some point and enable debug there too...
    Yes -- when you decide to revisit, using debug will be a help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast