Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Custom order number setup?

Hello,

I created a Zen cart store. Tested it by purchasing a product under a dummy account. I noticed the first order was order #1. I'm assuming this is a default that can be setup differently (set to a different default number in the Admin somehow?).

I have a routine of order numbers and a sequence I would like to setup. Can someone tell me if this is possible? And where/how?

My routine is setup like this.

2007... 56th order taken.

I'd like to be able to change the default each year so next year I can set it up as..

2008... 1st order taken.

And continue to do this each year to track sales per year by order number. However, I DO NOT want to reset my existing order numbers to reconfigure to the new default... JUST orders taken after its been set.

Anyone???? Help please???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Custom order number setup?

Admin->Tools->Store Manager .... you can change the "next" order number there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Custom order number setup?

In a similar fasion, I'd like to add a couple of letters before the order numbers (to distinguish between orders from two shops on the same domain).

Order number: NS72

This is partly for accounting reasons (so the orders numbers dont overlap), and partly so that we dont have to ask the customer which shop they made the transaction through should there be a query.

I imagine the only solution is to go through the code and find anywhere the value is printed for display purposes and add the two letter suffix.

Perhaps there is somewhere central I can add the suffix. Does anyone know?

Many, many thanks for helping with this if you can!!!

FG

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Custom order number setup?

is it possible add letter to the order number, as say feelgood2k?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Uncustomized, the current version of Zen Cart does not allow non-numeric order numbers.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've two website with zencart, and for me it's better to have two different order number: it's possible to add a number prefix (as 99- or only 99)?

Plugin Contributions

If you're not expecting vast numbers of orders, you could start one shop's numbers at, say, 1000000 and the second shop's numbers at 2000000. That gives you one million sales in the first shop before its numbers bump into the second shop's numerical territory. At my rate of sales, that would do for about 30,000 years.

HTH

Rob

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    If you're not expecting vast numbers of orders, you could start one shop's numbers at, say, 1000000 and the second shop's numbers at 2000000. That gives you one million sales in the first shop before its numbers bump into the second shop's numerical territory. At my rate of sales, that would do for about 30,000 years.

HTH

Rob
    It's worth noting that unless you change the way the order numbers are stored in the database, the maximum allowed number is: 2,147,483,647.

Plugin Contributions

2,147,483,647?

That's two billion some, and is not likely to hit the wall starting at two million.

Plugin Contributions

I'm shocked. That's only 68 orders a second -- every second of every minute of every hour of every day for one year!

Surely we need a larger number. ;-)

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast