Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion A couple of questions / suggestions.

A couple of questions / suggestions.

I am using an earlier version of zencart, as it appears that there are so many great modules or addons for the earlier version but I am unclear on what can be done with with each version.
    Would it be possible for someone who is up with it all to create and update a chart / tabled list of features and compatible modules for each version say the latest three. Alternatively, has anyone done this and could share it with the forum and be set as a sticky?

This is a great forum with loads of info but sometimes a breakdown on things can be so useful.
    I created an image chart of the override system for myself to get a quicker and better understanding of the placement of override folders and this made it easier for me at the start.

Also earlier in my Zen walk I found a Zen Cart Tutorial and FAQs PDF document with 167 pages of information. This is a real asset to a beginner etc but not sure where that was. This could be placed somewhere obvious on the forum. Yes I bought the book but this PDF is worth having also.

In addition, I posted a couple of requests in the commercial Help section and the response was disappointing. If these posts could be made public but responded to privately I think it would be easier to get help from there.
    [FONT=Arial]Well that is a few thoughts this morning.[/FONT]
    'E-Start your web store' book - I Got it and now ..... I GET IT !....Well alot more of it anyway (-:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A couple of questions / suggestions.

I am using an earlier version of zencart, as it appears that there are so many great modules or addons for the earlier version but I am unclear on what can be done with with each version.
    What mods are you using that have not been updated that you feel using an old buggy edition is worth? What version are you using?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I am using
    'E-Start your web store' book - I Got it and now ..... I GET IT !....Well alot more of it anyway (-:

Plugin Contributions

... newer version is a security patch and should not effect adding mods ...

As for where to start with overrides - look for user AFO - she has posted the "quick start list" all over.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

So the mods can be used with the newer version?