Page 1 of 305 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Apple Zen Support Thread

Hi Guys!

I've been working on this template for a LONG time! Blame it on my perfectionist tendencies! This template is designed for 1.3.* versions of zen cart, and WILL NOT work for zen cart versions prior to 1.3.0.2.

Screenshot:

See it in action:
    Apple Zen Template

This template is designed to increase in size as font size is increased in the browser, keeping the same aspect ratio. Even the logo is designed to resize (optional). In this template, I've also included some extra features, such as a horizontal drop down menu which includes your categories and more. Also included is the Order Steps Table-less module which gives your customer a visual indicator of where they are in the order process.

Apple Zen is designed to **ONLY** have sideboxes on the right side of the page, and will automatically move all left sideboxes over to the right side. It is NOT possible to have sideboxes on the left side with this template, but if you forget to go to the Layout Boxes Controller in the admin and change all sideboxes to the right, your left boxes will still display, but they will display below any right sideboxes.

I've included three extra colors in addition to the default apple green... red, blue, and grey. To change colors, simply open up includes/templates/apple_zen/css/stylesheet.css, and un-comment the color you want to use, and comment out the color you don't want to use. You'll also need to open up includes/templates/apple_zen/css/stylesheet_header_menu.css to change the colors in the drop down menu.

There are more instructions in the README file, also, be sure to note that if you are using a zen cart version that is earlier than 1.3.7, there are three files that you need to replace.

Let me know if you need any help with the template!
    Last edited by swguy; 25 Aug 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apple Zen Template Support Thread

Great job Jade . There's lot's of effortless-looking technical goodies in here (and I appreciate just how much effort you must have put into making them look effortless!). And I particularly like the way that you have also addressed the checkout area.

I hope you have a suitably rude response prepared for the first person who asks who to turn this into a liquid layout or make it stretch all the way across the screen .
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Great job Jade . There's lot's of effortless-looking technical goodies in here (and I appreciate just how much effort you must have put into making them look effortless!). And I particularly like the way that you have also addressed the checkout area.
    Thanks kuroi! You just don't even KNOW how much headache that header menu gave me. There was a module in the download section for it, but it had some serious bugs depending on the order of the categories and whether or not the first category listed had subcategories. Anyway, this template would have been done a lot sooner if not for that, LOL. Not to mention trying to create a layout that increases with font size along with drop shadows on both sides (won't be seen in IE prior to IE7) and a background for the categories that increases with font size too.... well, anyway, I enjoyed the challenge. Now comes the challenge to support it, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    I hope you have a suitably rude response prepared for the first person who asks who to turn this into a liquid layout or make it stretch all the way across the screen .
    Don't EVEN suggest it! LMAO! Anyone who is reading this and wants the above... fuggitaboudit. Not gonna happen.

Plugin Contributions

I just downloaded this beautiful template and would like to know how to make the stripe design to go all the way down and under the "middle display" area??

Plugin Contributions

You would have to make the /includes/templates/apple_zen/images/site-bg.gif very much longer, or if it aligns nicely, repeat it vertically as well as horizontally.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

this is an amazing looking template! ill probably be using this whenever i go to redesign my site :) thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sunabac View Post
    I just downloaded this beautiful template and would like to know how to make the stripe design to go all the way down and under the "middle display" area??
    Hi There!

Use the site-bg.gif attached to this message (overwrite the one found in includes/templates/apple_zen/images

Then open up includes/templates/apple_zen/css/stylesheet.css and change:

Code:
    body {
    	background:url(../images/site-bg.gif) 0 9em repeat-x; 
    	}
    To this:

Code:
    body {
    	background:url(../images/site-bg.gif) 0 9em repeat; 
    	}
    Now after doing that, a teeny little bit of green stripe will show up just above the logo section, so you'll need to change this:

Code:
    #headerWrapper {
    	width:100%;
    	text-align:center;
    	margin:0 auto;
    	}
    to this:

Code:
    #headerWrapper {
            background:#ffffff;
    	width:100%;
    	text-align:center;
    	margin:0 auto;
    	}
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Well I can see why you did not have it... one can get "dizzy" watching these stripes on wide screen...
    Would I be the first "rude" person to ask where/how to increase the width of the middle?? I am new to this... so be nice :)

Plugin Contributions

our posts must have "missed each other.." I just put
    background-repeat: repeat;
    but I did notice the bit of that stripe as you mentioned, but it did not go away after I inserted background:#ffffff; in the #headerWrapper

I can live with that...
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 305 1231151101 ... LastLast