Page 3 of 305 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apple Zen Template Support Thread

I was wondering if your nice template is compatible with "minimum order" module?? I can still check out (when less than minimum is ordered) when using the "CheckOut" in the drop down menu or the one in top line.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sunabac View Post
    I was wondering if your nice template is compatible with "minimum order" module?? I can still check out (when less than minimum is ordered) when using the "CheckOut" in the drop down menu or the one in top line.
    jettru if you could point me to a right place where I could add a line or two.. I know if the shopping cart is empty the checkout is not available, so all I need to do is to change the "shoppping cart empty" to "shopping cart less than "50.00", rigt?? Tha way the CheckOut will not be available till 50.00 in the cart.. Do I have this right??

Plugin Contributions

gosh, I am communicating with myself here.. found out the overwrite in drop down menu; 1 down 1 to go..

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your directions, but after switching display to 800 X 600 I don't think I will be touching it.. It looks fine with 1024 x 768 or higher. I wonder how many people still have 800 X600??? Or can we "ignore" them??
    The majority of people use 1024 x 768 now. Here are some stats:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

It says 58% are at 1024, and 17% are at 800. I don't know that I would yet ignore that group, especially since it still looks fine for people at larger resolutions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DogTags View Post
    You have the following in the apple_zen README:

2. Goto your Zen Cart administration...

Under the "Tools" menu choose
    -Template Selection
    -Edit
    -Choose "Simple Zen" from the dropdown menu
    -Click update

Should "Simple Zen" really be "Apple Zen" ?

HTH
    Thanks for finding my typo. ;)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DeFluxx View Post
    1. I would like to have a background bar behind the type on the top "Home Log In"

2. When viewing a product Category, I would like to have every-other item have a light color in the background for easier viewing.

3. On the Product View, after clicking on an item in a Category, I would like to move the item description over to the right so that it is not touching the item's image.

I am not able to find what I'm supposed to modify within the CSS to do this. I am editing the CSS with Adobe GoLive.

I would very much appreciate your help with this! Thanks!
    Ok, #1.

First of all, let me ask you, do you want the search box in your header like on my test site (www.zencart137.jadetrue.com) if so, that makes #1 easier to solve. You would first go to "Layout Boxes Controller" and turn on tpl_search_header.php. To put it in the header, you'd just leave the left/right column status on off, and set the single column status to "on". Once that shows up, then you'll have the purple color behind the "Home Login". To set the background color, just add the background image to:
    #navMainWrapper {
    background:#bd95c6;
    background:url(../images/YOUR_IMAGE_NAME_HERE.gif);
    }

If you DON'T want that search box in your header, well then reply, and I'll help with that.

Use the classes:
    .productListing-odd
    and
    .productListing-even

to set the alternating colors.

There was padding built in the template, but when you made these changes:
    .centeredContent, TH, #cartEmptyText, #cartBoxGVButton, #cartBoxEmpty, #cartBoxVoucherBalance, #navCatTabsWrapper, #navEZPageNextPrev, #bannerOne, #bannerTwo, #bannerThree, #bannerFour, #bannerFive, #bannerSix, #siteinfoLegal, #siteinfoCredits, #siteinfoStatus, #siteinfoIP, .center, .cartRemoveItemDisplay, .cartQuantityUpdate, .cartQuantity, .cartTotalsDisplay, #cartBoxGVBalance, .leftBoxHeading, .centerBoxHeading,.rightBoxHeading, .productListing-data, .accountQuantityDisplay, .ratingRow, LABEL#textAreaReviews, #productMainImage, #reviewsInfoDefaultProductImage, #productReviewsDefaultProductImage, #reviewWriteMainImage, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .additionalImages, .centerBoxContentsSpecials, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .centerBoxContentsFeatured, .centerBoxContentsNew, .gvBal, .attribImg { text-align:center; margin: 0 0 5px ; padding: 0 0 5px; border-color: #abbbd3; border-style: none none dotted; border-width: 1px; }

since #productMainImage is in the list above, it is taking on the margin and padding attributes that you added.

Plugin Contributions

jettru if you could point me to a right place where I could add a line or two.. I know if the shopping cart is empty the checkout is not available, so all I need to do is to change the "shoppping cart empty" to "shopping cart less than "50.00", rigt?? Tha way the CheckOut will not be available till 50.00 in the cart.. Do I have this right??
    I'm not fully sure what your issue is... I've never used that module, but I'm guessing you may need to modify the tpl_drop_menu.php to have the correct shopping cart link?

I see you've made some progress... did you figure out where to put the text? Is it still allowing people to check out with less than $50.00?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    I'm not fully sure what your issue is... I've never used that module, but I'm guessing you may need to modify the tpl_drop_menu.php to have the correct shopping cart link?

I see you've made some progress... did you figure out where to put the text? Is it still allowing people to check out with less than $50.00?
    well with the following change, I no longer get the "checkout" in the drop down menu (I was hoping the checkout would show if amount =>50.00) well I'll keep looking & trying...

<li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() >= 50.00) { ?>
    <ul class="level2">
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>

I made a similar change in tpl_header.php but once again I don't get the "checkout" in the header at all. However the only checkout is in the middle so it seems o.k. This checkout icon appears when cart =>50.00

Plugin Contributions

help question ZenCart Virgin Needs Help with NavBar

I've just begun to dabble in the world of ZenCart and completely fell in LOVE with the Apple Zen template! But now I need help configuring it...
    1. The titles of the buttons on the navigation bar are not displaying correctly. For example, one button is called "HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES" rather than simply "Categories"
    2. I'd like to remove two rows that are above the main navbar, one that is displaying my categories, and another that is displaying a menu (EZPages :: Privacy Notice :: Shared :: Zen Cart) which, quite frankly, I don't yet know what to do with.
    I'd appreciate anyone's help in this matter. Thank you for your cooperation.

My site: http://store.culture-art-and-indie-music.net/store

Sincerely,
    Pixellent
    Last edited by pixellent; 18 Jan 2007 at 05:24 AM. Reason: forgot link to site I'm referring to...

Plugin Contributions

well with the following change, I no longer get the "checkout" in the drop down menu (I was hoping the checkout would show if amount =>50.00) well I'll keep looking & trying...

<li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() >= 50.00) { ?>
    <ul class="level2">
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>

I made a similar change in tpl_header.php but once again I don't get the "checkout" in the header at all. However the only checkout is in the middle so it seems o.k. This checkout icon appears when cart =>50.00
    You're telling it to show up when someone has 50 or more ITEMS IN their cart, not the value of the cart. You need to figure out how to tell it to check for cart value. Check the coding of the mod, it should have the correct code somewhere in there?

Page 3 of 305 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast