Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Generate XML file upon order completion

In a search for the best method to implement UPS and USPS shipping automation, I'm gathering the information as a pre-study.

Just like e-mail confirmation automatically sent to the users, if XML file is generated to an FTP download folder of the web server, a PC located at the warehouse can schedule download generated XML files to be auto-imported to UPS Worldship and/or Endicia Dazzle (USPS).

What sort of modification or override should there be necessary? Would modifying order.php (class) do it? Are there any other requirements or suggestions other than the fact that order.php & checkout_process.php need modification?

Also, printing (or at least e-mailing) a packing slip (modified regular confirmation e-mail, maybe?) would complete the warehouse automation.

Afterwards, such warehouse PC needs to insert tracking information to the order after successful processing of UPS Worldship and/or Endicia Dazzle by retrieving tracking number from resulting XML file, sent back to the web server.

Anyone currently working/using/thinking to work on it??
    Any ideas and suggestions would help....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Generate XML file upon order completion

That would be a nice feature. The XML auto import feature in WorldShip 9 could integrate nicely with this. Are you pursuing this project? Let me know if I can help at all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikedeezy33 View Post
    That would be a nice feature. The XML auto import feature in WorldShip 9 could integrate nicely with this. Are you pursuing this project? Let me know if I can help at all.
    Mike,

Come take a look at another forum:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...270#post412270

As of date, it's incomplete, but at least got the attention of Dr. Byte and should only be matter of time...

Plugin Contributions

Have you seen the UPS XML contribution also?

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/3rd_party_contributions_-_Shipping_Modules_-_UPS_XML

I believe it is not needed in v.1.3.6 and up, per the contribution page.

Looking through this code might lend a little help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikedeezy33 View Post
    Have you seen the UPS XML contribution also?

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/3rd_party_contributions_-_Shipping_Modules_-_UPS_XML

I believe it is not needed in v.1.3.6 and up, per the contribution page.

Looking through this code might lend a little help.

Oh I had it well in place for some time now. UPS xml only quotes by rather xml 'protocol' with UPS' standard of xml communication over internet, but does not process shipments.

But during the research to extend UPS xml's functionality, I've found out that what UPS requires to actually process shipping and generate tracking numbers, label, etc. is much much more complicated, according to UPS xml's contributor.

All of us pretty much use some kind of shipping tool, and UPS Worldship and Endicia Dazzle offer xml auto-import features.

Look at the thread above. I've posted a code that works almost alright for domestic USPS via Endicia Dazzle. All you need is an FTP client that can monitor scheduled download from the web server.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKim View Post
    Look at the thread above. I've posted a code that works almost alright for domestic USPS via Endicia Dazzle. All you need is an FTP client that can monitor scheduled download from the web server.
    Steve, I am trying to do the same thing as you described in that thread. I am trying to get order into any XML format, so it then could be pushed into the shipping application.

Did you have a chance to finish your implementation of your idea with Order XML available via FTP? If yes - can you share the code please?

If no - what is the current status of that project? I have no php experience, but I am a decent developer and I am willing to put some time to solve this problem :) Maybe together we could find a decent solution?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I had a code build this contribution and it is working in my Zen Cart stores. I'll put together a package and post it for everyone. It doesn't automatically make the xml after order completion, but requires the user to display the orders, check the ones that they wish to ship, and hit a button to create the XML file.
    -Jake Burkart

Plugin Contributions

This contribution will require Super Orders 2.0 to be installed. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44668

-Jake

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jake74 View Post
    I had a code build this contribution and it is working in my Zen Cart stores. I'll put together a package and post it for everyone. It doesn't automatically make the xml after order completion, but requires the user to display the orders, check the ones that they wish to ship, and hit a button to create the XML file.
    -Jake Burkart
    I've finished working on the script and put it on my site to live-test it and working on glitches that may arise by going through most cases. But since it's a new site www.toolusa.com, I don't have enough cases yet.

Also I'm putting together a packing slip to be auto-printed for full warehouse automation.

Once scripts go through thorough testing, I'll make it available for the public.

Next phase of this automation is to insert generated tracking numbers into orders so that it notifies me and the users of their tracking numbers automatically.

If I can take a look at Jake's version, it could help?

Plugin Contributions

Here it is. I didn't write it, remember. I paid a developer to write it. But you'll find the configuring that needs to be done is in a file called print_ups_xml.php. I'm curious to hear if it works or has problems in others stores.
    Here's the contribution.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=725

Jake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast