Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: eBay Turbo Lister 2.0 Exporter Support Thread

I began working on the mod yesterday and so far I'm making good progress. The main difference between this mod and other feeders I've written, other than being comma delimited, is that the Turbo Lister file requires many more column headings even if they are not used.

If anyone is currently using Turbo Lister through eBay, please do the following an post your results:

Export a couple of products to a CSV file. Manually open the CSV file and delete the data found in the category fields while still leaving the headings (i.e. category, category2 remain).

Import this file back into Turbo Lister. Does it accept the feed and allow you to add the category after the import? This is important because if it doesn't allow importing the blank category, I will have to modify Zen Cart as I did for the ePier Bulk File Generator (EBFG) to allow storing the category numbers on a per product basis.

Plugin Contributions

I've finished the beta version of this mod. It works perfectly for me in exporting the csv file. However, I have not tested it with Turbo Lister 2.0 or uploaded it to ebay.

If you are interested in beta testing this module before it is released officially, please email webmaster AT numinix DOT com and a copy of the module will be emailed to you in zip format. There are no core overwrites for this mod and installation documentation is provided although it does not go into great deal. Experience with any of my other feed mods would be an asset.

There may also be a lot of changes needed to the mod to make it more worthwhile. So far, it will decrease your listing time by creating the html description, title (should be edited again in Turbo Lister for length), and pictures. It also allows you to set your listing features. However, since some sections must be left blank, as the information is not currently stored in the database, my one Turbo Lister tester has informed me that these fields will not be automatically filled by TL even if they are stored as defaults. For example, if you were to save your PayPal email address as a default in turbo lister, if you leave this field blank in the csv file, it will also be blank in turbo lister. Hopefully the beta testers can give feedback on whether or not this greatly saves time or not.

Plugin Contributions

Another member has requested inventory support be added. At the time I said this wouldn't be an option, however, what I can do is this:

If enabled, the user can have their zen cart stock debited the quantity that is placed in the feed. By default it includes your full inventory quantity but can be changed to any number you choose. So, if you were to manually change the quantity setting to 2, and you have 10 in stock, it will update your database as having 8 remaining. However, when your item doesn't sell on eBay, you will need to either update your Zen Cart manually, or continue to relist the product.

I'm going to add another limitation which will limit items with certain words in the title (i.e. "OEM", "GIFT CERTIFICATE"). These terms will be setup by the user. It will allow you to not include items which may infringe on the eBay terms and services. I know this first hand due to the first time listed above . I won't be adding a limitation to add only products containing certain terms as I don't see the reason for this. Another important note is that eBay title lengths are 50 characters or less. This mod automatically strips your title down to the character length (full words only). Thus, you'll need to edit the titles in eBay as they probably won't be the way you want them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    Import this file back into Turbo Lister. Does it accept the feed and allow you to add the category after the import? This is important because if it doesn't allow importing the blank category, I will have to modify Zen Cart as I did for the ePier Bulk File Generator (EBFG) to allow storing the category numbers on a per product basis.
    Although TL crashed on a few times, but it does that anyway, I was eventaully able to open a blank record and select any category eBay currently offers. Hope this helps!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, none of the fields seem to be mandatory but leaving them blank does override the turbo lister 2.0 defaults so over time I will release additional updates that include more options stored in the database. This will cause the module to run slower. It currently takes about 0.9 seconds to process 300 products or a 2MB file. According to eBay, they can process over a 15MB file or over a couple thousand products. Sure beats ePier's 25 product, 90KB max!

NOTE TO BETA TESTERS

Please send your results back to me directly via [email protected] or PM. I do not want to fill this thread with bugs and suggestions that will be fixed/implemented in the first public release.

Plugin Contributions

BETA TESTING UPDATE

The Turbo Lister 2.0 export sample I received from one of my beta testers wasn't correct. Seems he used the wrong export option and that is why the column headings are different etc. Luckily, I am able to use the Canadian version of Turbo Lister 2.0 and I am now beta testing the various exports to make sure the Zen Cart export matches the Turbo Lister export. Beta testing should be completed today.

Plugin Contributions

v0.9.1 EBAY TURBO LISTER 2.0 EXPORTER

PUBLIC BETA RELEASE

1. Bug Fixes;
    2. Code Optimization;

This is being released to have a larger number of people test the script. However, beta versions are not available from the downloads section and must be downloaded from the Numinix Technology website by visiting the link above.

To beta test, follow the readme.txt instructions. Export your file (try limiting the number of products at first), import it using Turbo Lister 2.0 or Selling Manager Pro, edit the products, and upload to eBay after double checking to make sure the fees are being charged properly for the options selected. Please post to this forum all issues. Please note that to minimize problems, I have not included all options and these will be added in the public non-beta release.

Plugin Contributions

v0.9.2 EBAY TURBO LISTER 2.0 EXPORTER

1. Bug fix;

Plugin Contributions

Version 0.9.2 appears to be working properly.

There is current one bug which we have a temporary work around for: When you create the feed file, you need to open it in excel and then resave it by clicking YES to discard any non-compatible CSV features. You can then import your entire list into Turbo Lister 2.0 or Selling Manager Pro.

Some products may not import because of illegal characters in the description. I will look into adding additional filters to the description sanitization which should deal with this.

Plugin Contributions

HTMLSaX Can Sanitize your HTML output tags. I use it in ALP when submitting content to eBay to remove all unwanted formatting.
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast