Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do i make banner ads appear on the front page only?

Maybe I'm a moron, but I can't simply get a banner to display at all. The following things are all in place and nothing shows.

1. My code (below) is from a 12leaves template and it appears in tpl_index_default.php in the centerbox area (just above boxes for New and Featured, etc., and just beneath all header and header navigation code).

2. In Tools >> Banner Manager, I uploaded an image and put it in a new banner group which I named freeship.

3. In Config >> Layout Settings, I put the group name 'freeship' in all of the locations to try to get it display, but it doesn't show up anywhere.

What am I missing?

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerTwo" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

I may have answered my own question.

I currently have home page opening to top-level cats, so I would need to put the code for <!-- Home page banner 2 --> in tpl_index_categories, not tpl_index_default.

I suppose that then I could use $this_is_home_page code to only show banner on home page.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, trying to get a banner to appear on homepage only. Banner group set 4, what we call the footer1 banner immediately under products, etc.

Solution post 19 did not work. Gives blank page on homepage. Didn't try other pages.

Link to site:

http://www.findmypromdress.com/

Banner currently holds the Youtube link.

zc 1.3.9h

Thanks for any help.

sph
    http://www.prommart.com/
    http://www.fashion-mart.biz/

Plugin Contributions

You should be able to use:
    Code:
      if ($this_is_home_page && SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET4 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET4)) {
    If you then are getting a blank page, check that you do not have space(s) or blank line(s) after the closing php ?> at the end of the file ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I had the code correct. I just discovered that when editing, the code becomes all jumbled-up, causing failure. This often happens lately, with code getting jumbled up when editing. Sometimes it still works; others not.

sph

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do i make banner ads appear on the front page only

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    To hopefully illuminate this issue rather than confuse it. Here is some code that I am currently using to create a banner cluster on the home page of a client's site.

I have brought together code for the first three banners, simplified it and wrapped a home page condition around it.
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    if ($this_is_home_page) {
      if (
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1 != '' && ($banner zen_banner_exists('dynamic'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1)) && $banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
        echo 
    '<div id="bannerOne" class="banners">' zen_display_banner('static'$banner) . '</div>' "\n";
      }
      if (
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && ($banner zen_banner_exists('dynamic'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2)) && $banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
        echo 
    '<div id="bannerTwo" class="banners">' zen_display_banner('static'$banner) . '</div>' "\n";
      }
      if (
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET3 != '' && ($banner zen_banner_exists('dynamic'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET3)) && $banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
        echo 
    '<div id="bannerThree" class="banners">' zen_display_banner('static'$banner) . '</div>' "\n";
      }
    }
    ?>
    Thanks Kuroi it's working perfect!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567