Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion admin radio field

Hello,

I made some radio button on my admin products page (located admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php) but they don't remember the choice I made when I preview then submit the product properties.

Can someone tell me how to make them remember what I chose ?
    I think I have to store this data in a database slot but I'm kind of lost here.

thank you

My code :

<?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_radio_field('stock_status', '1', ($stock_ok)) . '&nbsp;' . TEXT_PRODUCT_IN_STOCK . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_radio_field('stock_status', '2', ($stock_3_days)) . '&nbsp;' . TEXT_PRODUCT_3_DAYS . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_radio_field('stock_status', '3', ($stock_5_days)) . '&nbsp;' . TEXT_PRODUCT_5_DAYS . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_radio_field('stock_status', '4', ($stock_out)) . '&nbsp;' . TEXT_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_radio_field('stock_status', '5', ($stock_none)) . '&nbsp;' . TEXT_PRODUCT_NOTHING ; ?>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin radio field

Yep, that's definitely going to require storing the information in the database...

First you'll need to determine which table to store the data in (most probably the one defined by TABLE_PRODUCTS). Then you'll need to add a new attribute to store the data in - say, products_stock_status. Now you have a place to store your data.

Next you need to add a key to the $parameters array in collect_info.php to store the data as well ... then you'll need to modify the statements where the data is stored and retrieved from the database to include products_stock_status.

Last (for the admin, anyway), you'll need to check to see if a value for products_stock_status is set and make it the selected choice in your radio button set. You will probably also want to check to make sure that something got selected for stock_status and return an error if it got left blank...

This is all you need to do for the admin, but if you want to change what gets displayed in the cart to the customer, you'll need to modify includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php and includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php.

Alternately, if you do not want to have to modify the core code, what would be better would be to create a new product type which would include the stock_status field. See here for instructions:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Product_Types

ZenCart is wonderfully customizable but for making changes beyond the templating system you'll really need to know PHP and MySQL ... if you're not well versed in them I suggest reading PHP and MySQL Web Development by Welling and Thompson.

BrandTim

Plugin Contributions

Ok, thank you.

My part in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php is already done and working.

I just need to work on a way to store and retrieve data, I'll try what you've told me and post the result here.

Again, thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The product_music type is an example of extra data being stored in additional database tables.

There is also a "book" product type in the downloads section that can be used as another, different, example.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.