Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Auction Lister Pro (ALP) Support

I wanted to start a general support thread for Zen users who are looking to use or are using Auction Lister Pro (ALP) to list their product inventory on eBay.

This is the official thread to ask and get support to your general questions.

Download here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=673

Latest post in support thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...7&goto=newpost
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Lister Pro (ALP) Support

I've started installing the files:

PHP Code:
    7You will need to copy the file “password_funcs2.php “ to your cart front end includes directory 
    Where is this file located?
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

It is not in this release. That file is needed for email checkout which isn't fully functional yet. I will add the front end when it is fully working.

If you try to notify your winners and have them come through your cart it won't work. There is a bug to this effect. If you click Notify Winners it will error out because the cart database hasn't been changed to allow email checkouts.

I am working on this solution now.
    Last edited by maxrisc; 29 Jul 2007 at 08:20 PM.
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hi David[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I got few questions abut this mod, I list 1 product on my own , just to learn how eBay work[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I understand that for every item you list you need to pay listing price, 1. When using your mod will I have to pay for all my items on eBay or I can select which one to publish and which one not?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]2. Also can I change pricing before publishing my item on eBay, like shipping cost and item price?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]3. Which way it will be Bids or buy now? Or which way you recommended.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]4. Is your mod ready to be use? From reading, and from your Email I am not sure if it is ready to be use, I use the 1.3.7 , with some add on mods, is their any mod I should know that may conflict with your mod[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I've downloaded ALP 0.5.2 and FTp'd it my site.

Do I need to overwite all files with 0.5.2.2? or are there just a few that need to be uploaded for the update?

Also following the install instructions I'm getting hung up on steps 3-5.
    My knowledge and use of phpMyadm is limited (and that is being generous!). How do I get the SQL and eBay categories files into the database?

Thanks for this great mod!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmedbytina2 View Post
    I've downloaded ALP 0.5.2 and FTp'd it my site.

Do I need to overwite all files with 0.5.2.2? or are there just a few that need to be uploaded for the update?

Also following the install instructions I'm getting hung up on steps 3-5.
    My knowledge and use of phpMyadm is limited (and that is being generous!). How do I get the SQL and eBay categories files into the database?

Thanks for this great mod!
    Upload all the files of 0.5.2.2 to a directory on your website. If your directory name is alp on your server then you will need to go to http://www.example.com/alp/install to install the program.

There is no need to do anything manually to install the software to use it.
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Times New Roman]1. When using your mod will I have to pay for all my items on eBay or I can select which one to publish and which one not?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    You need to have a credit card on file with eBay to setup your account. Each item you list, eBay will charge your card.

2. Also can I change pricing before publishing my item on eBay, like shipping cost and item price?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]

Shipping costs are not available in this version. You will need to put your shipping costs in the item description and have the buyer add those to the end of auction price.

3. Which way it will be Bids or buy now? Or which way you recommended.
    I don't know. They are your products. So it is your choice. If you have an item that costs you $20 I would make it a Buy It Now auction unless you want to risk losing money on your products.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]4. Is your mod ready to be use? From reading, and from your Email I am not sure if it is ready to be use, I use the 1.3.7 , with some add on mods, is their any mod I should know that may conflict with your mod[/FONT]
    ALP doesn't change any files on your cart. It runs along side of it.

My email said that email checkout isn't working with Zen Cart yet.

I am not aware of every mod you have on your cart or every mod that is available on Zen Cart downloads. The best way to find out if it will work for you is to install it on a test cart BEFORE you install it on your production site.
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you for quick respond[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]What I meant is using your mod am I be able to select or unselect which item I will publish on eBay, ( for example “Google Base Feeder” send all your item with out a choice to select which one not to send)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I already set up and Verify account with all my information. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Best will be if I could see any one that already set it up and use it on eBay, seeing it in action will solve all my questions[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Upload all the files of 0.5.2.2 to a directory on your website. If your directory name is alp on your server then you will need to go to http://www.example.com/alp/install to install the program.

There is no need to do anything manually to install the software to use it.
    I've done this. I did NOT do any of the steps in the install doc.

When I run the alp/install I get the following:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motti View Post

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you for quick respond[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]What I meant is using your mod am I be able to select or unselect which item I will publish on eBay, ( for example “Google Base Feeder” send all your item with out a choice to select which one not to send)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I already set up and Verify account with all my information. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Best will be if I could see any one that already set it up and use it on eBay, seeing it in action will solve all my questions[/FONT]

The old demo for osCommerce should still be up. Http://osctest.auctionlisterpro.com
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast