Plugin Contributions

Default Cost based pricing ?

I would like to be able to set up cost based pricing, and also offer fixed discounts based on customer type.

We are a reseller, and obtain product from a number of sources, our cost for a general type of product is usually a fixed discount from list price, for example 25 points off or 20 points off MSRP.

Our customers are end users/individuals who would attract a cost based on our cost + fixed percentage, which could be calculated from MSRP, another class of customer would be VAR's/System integrators who would attract a price based on our cost + a different fixed percentage.

I am still an egg when it comes to configuring zen cart, but after doing a buncha reading it seems to me that I might be able to do this based on catagories.

My thought is to establish (for example) three categories, one where our cost is 20 points off list, another where our cost is 25 points off list, and (for example) where our cost is 35 points off list.

I think I can then assign user categories that would attract fixed discounts from the listed MSRP where the discount for items ordered from one catagory of products is X% and items ordered from another catagory of products is Y% and so on.

I don't have any problem spending the time figuring out how to make this work, however I don't want to spend a lot of time beating my brain against a wall that aint gonna give.

Can someone tell me if this approach to cost based pricing will work ? If not is there a mod that I can get that will give me this flexibility ?

All help appreciated

jayr

[email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cost based pricing ?

If you list the MSRP for the product price and then create groups you can add the correct type of individual accounts to the appropriate group and these groups can have a specific percentage discoount off MSRP.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    If you list the MSRP for the product price and then create groups you can add the correct type of individual accounts to the appropriate group and these groups can have a specific percentage discoount off MSRP.
    Ok, I can see how that works, and it would solve my problem if the my cost as a discount from MSRP was the same for all the items we carry.

The problem is that my cost for item A may be 25% off list, while my cost for item B may be 15 points off list.

What I want to happen is that if a customer orders item A he gets one discount (same for all items in item A category), and if he goes on to order item B he gets a different discount from list price.

So customer cost for item A is MSRP - 10% and cost for item B is MSRP - 5% for example.

What I am wondering is if I can set up different product categories based on my cost which will then apply a specific discount (based on which category the product is in) which will be applied to the listed MSRP price.

I can see another way to do this, but this seems to be the simplest, one of my concerns is that once I have all this working we will be hiring someone to maintain the product list and I want to keep it simple for them.

Plugin Contributions

This module may be closer to what you require Dual Pricing

As I understand this you enter the MSRP and another price that is seen by members of the group but with this you can enter the other price and not based upon a % discount
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I think I see a couple of approaches including Dual Pricing that may help, lemme go bang my head against the wall some more and see what happens