Thread: Multiple Images

Default Multiple Images

Perhaps I am not understanding how this works because I can't find a single example. Every time I see someone talk about this, if I find a link, I surf their website, but I never have managed to find a product with additional images. So I am not even sure what it is supposed to look like.

Regardless, I have followed the tutorial and tried the manually a number of times. Perhaps I am uploading to the wrong directory. I even uploaded to the dvd directory so it looked just like the tutorial but still no luck; I never see additional images. I've been futzing with this on and off for days. My images are named like this:

image.jpg
    image_01.jpg
    image_14.jpg

I only ever see the last image I upload. There has got to be some fine point that is not made clear in the tutorial that will help me figure this out.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Images

The naming of your images are correct. Have you uploaded them all to the /images directory? It always worked for me :

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/241...5503916_rs.jpg

Shirley

Okay I've put them in images as well but it's still not working.

THANK YOU For the example.

My items all have attributes. Could that be an issue? Where would the multiple images show up? Your products don't seem to have attributes.

Plugin Contributions

Presumably you read the following tutorial, but worth mentioning just in case. FAQ :: How do I add multiple images to a product?

I recommend that you create separate test installation of Zen Cart. During installation, select to install with demo products. This gives you a great place to experiment and learn about all the Zen Cart features. (After you successfully install, you might want to make a file and database backup so you can easily restore to a fresh copy of ZC without completely reinstalling again.)

Now in the demo ZC setup on the front end, navigate to DVD Movies -> Cartoons -> A Bug's Life.

That item has been set up with additional images. The images are generic, but use the file name conventions necessary. Hopefully this should help clear things up for you.

Yes, I did look at the tutorial but appreciate the winks!:) I have the demo installed! I will give it a study soon! So much to do!

Can anyone answer my question about where the multiple images appear on the page if there are attributes?

Plugin Contributions

I have multiful images in attributes. And when you go to my website
    http://tndhairaccessories.net/index....&products_id=8

those images are too large. How I'm gonna resize them to samller and when you click it make larger.

Anyone please help me. It's been 3 day I am doing this.

Please help me.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sobebabies View Post
    Can anyone answer my question about where the multiple images appear on the page if there are attributes?
    Below the list of attributes. Again, you can browse through the examples provided in a demo ZC. The demo products intentionally are a variety to demonstrate all core functionality. Alternatively, you can upload some images for your attributes and give it a try.

The default template for ZC is just that...a generalized default setup. You can edit the various templates to suit your needs for style and image placement.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tndhairaccessories View Post
    I have multiful images in attributes. And when you go to my website
    http://tndhairaccessories.net/index....&products_id=8

those images are too large. How I'm gonna resize them to samller and when you click it make larger.

Anyone please help me. It's been 3 day I am doing this.

Please help me.

Thank you
    Customizing templates and scripts to suit your needs can take a lot of time depending on the complexity of your design goals. 3 days is ambiguous.

How you'll resize the images depends on what software you have at your disposal. As for making some pop-up for when you click or mouseover the attribute image...you'll need to customize your templates and provide that functionality. Also try searching the forums, as others may have likely done the same.

You could also use the extra images as part of the product to illustrate the various differences and leave the attributes/options as text alone.

Plugin Contributions

image problem Re: Multiple Images

I'm posting this in this thread as it may help someone else and find an answer to my questions.

I've been working on this for the last two days. Now I think I understand it, but there is still one or two question that remains regarding sets of images.

I use the following structure

images/VE
    images/medium/VE
    images/large/VE

My images use use the number sequence scheme described in How Do I Add Multiple Images?

My images also use the _MED and _LRG suffixes.

Q1: Do the files have to be created in sets?
    For instance
    images/VE/pic.jpg
    images/medium/VE/pic_MED.jpg
    images/large/VE/pic_LRG.jpg

images/VE/pic_01.jpg
    images/medium/VE/pic_01_MED.jpg
    images/large/VE/pic_01_LRG.jpg

images/VE/pic_02.jpg
    images/medium/VE/pic_02_MED.jpg
    images/large/VE/pic_02_LRG.jpg

The image sequence in images/VE display for each product as additional images, cool!

Q2: Why would I create more than one medium image for a product? The only place (that I can tell) that a medium image displays is the main image for the product_info. Where would multiple medium (_MED) images display?

Q3:If an images/large/VEimage doesn't have a corresponding images/VE image, it doesn't display (this may be an issue with the lightbox image display add-on).

thanks and I hope this is of some help.