Plugin Contributions

help question Google Checkout Mod: Logistics Question

Hello,
    I've tried to read as much as I can about GCO for ZC, but I guess I will ask at this time: In other software (not related) I'm using Google Checkout as a FINAL payment method; that means, customer goes through all the chekout process (incl. shipping/subtotal/tax) and then the final total amount is send to GCO when customer clicks the button (customer is then redirected to GCO page).

Is this how GCO-ZC works, because all I was able to gather from posts at this point, is that most of merchants are trying to avoid the ZC checkout page and go directly to GCO.

I actually wonder if GCO-ZC, when active, is visible in checkout payment methods (as other active modules)?

Appreciate your feedback,
    Thanks,
    Best,

---------------------------------
    It's not magic, it's just math!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout Mod: Logistics Question

As far as I know Google takes over the checkout process (it's not only the software, but their policy). I'd like to know what is the other software you are using, because I do believe that the more the checkout process looks like within your store, the more likely they are to remember it. I am only using google checkout, and this is the only thing I don't really like about it. But I am willing to put up with it since the integration with google base, analytics, and adwords is worth it for me.

Plugin Contributions

Not exactly sure the definition of level 1 and level 2, but in level 1 the communication is only one way, and you send most of the information to GCO yourself (your cart). In level 2, you get more "communication" between your site and google checkout, and if everything works the way it is supposed to be, the information for the orders in your software will be the same as the information for your orders in the GCO system. The way the GCO mod is working for zen-cart today, you get very good integration that even results in accounts being created for customers who buy from you, discount coupons being accounted for, etc. Also in my case, I am going to use the quickbooks exporter from my zen-cart, this was a feature that I wish google checkout had.

Search these forums with the keywords CGO and level, and you will find a lot of information about this.

Plugin Contributions

GC is not just a payment module. It's its own checkout system, thus the word "checkout" in the name ;-)

It is similar to PayPal Express Checkout (PPEC) in many ways. It is unlike PayPal IPN. That is, the GC payment method does not display on ZC's Step 2 checkout payment methods page.

The GC button appears, at this time, only on the ZC login and shopping cart pages (same as PPEC).

The GC mod is Level 2. It records all GC transactions in ZC database, displays all orders in ZC admin so you can use ZC to process your orders. It displays orders in MyAccount, so your customers can login to your shop to track orders and download digital products.

If you are having issues using GC mod v.1.4 post your issue here:
    http://groups.google.com/group/googl...rt-mod-support

If you have yet to install the mod but are thinking about it, wait for the new v.1.45 to be released in next two weeks or so, and then install. Links to download locations are at above site.

Also see various Help Docs at above site.

GC v.1.3x mod is no longer supported.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

How does Google know to display google checkout icon on adwords?