Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Products from disabled categories show up in New Products on home page.

I have several Categories that I have disabled (status off). Each category has hundreds of products. I need to re-categorized these products but in the meantime those products are showing up in the "New Products for August" on my home page.

How can I suppress those products? I thought I was doing that by inactivating the category.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products from disabled categories show up in New Products on home page.

Yeah, me too.

There is probably an easy answer to this. Disabled Status should keep the product from displaying everywhere on the front end....shouldn't it?

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products from disabled categories show up in New Products on home page.

I mean...I have disabled Products (not categories) that are showing up under new products.

Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

Clean install or an Upgrade?

Have you an URL where we can see this?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Clean Install
    Site
    Ami, Evie, Chloe, Antoinette, etc...the ugly pictures....are the disabled products. They don't show up on normal category listings.

Plugin Contributions

Your site appears to be down at the moment ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm...Sorry...Try this link
    Actually, I don't have new items enabled either...I was messing with categories at the same time.
    It'll be up shortly.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. All I did was change a category name and move the items up a level on my category tree. If I can reproduce the problem again, I'll re-post.

Thanks for looking, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Is there anyway to eliminate dead-end threads like this from the forum?

Plugin Contributions

Nope ... never know when someone might learn something from it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

(crap... I hit "submit" and it asked me to login and then didn't work... so my appologies if this is a double post)

I had this same problem... I have products that come out later in the year, but are showing up in the "new products for" this month area of the page.

I tried disabling the products and got this result:
    --no they don't show on the category page (correct)
    --still show in the "new products for this month" area (incorrect)
    --and show in the "Upcoming Products" area (correct... I guess... though I did disable them... so even tho I like this functionality... it seems a little wrong for disabled products to be displaying anywhere, ever... plus when I click on these products, it brings me to a "Sorry, the product was not found." page.)

maybe I don't quite understand what zen cart's current definition of "disabled" means... I thought it meant "keep it in the data base, but don't display it *ever*"

I'm great with php, but new to mySQL... I found includes/modules/new_products.php and the following line (line 40 for me... in the 'else' statment):
    Code:
        $new_products_query = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name,
                                      p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id
                               from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                               where p.products_id = pd.products_id
                               and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
                               and p.products_id in (" . $list_of_products . ")";
      }
    I changed it to:
    Code:
        $new_products_query = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name,
                                      p.products_date_added, products_status, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id
                               from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                               where p.products_id = pd.products_id
                               and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
                               and p.products_status = 1
                               and p.products_id in (" . $list_of_products . ")";
      }
    it works as far as not displaying the disabled products in the "New Products for this month" area... but it's not the right answer (because my products are disabled... so when you click on them in the "Up coming products" area of a page, you go to a "Sorry, the product was not found." page.

SO IF YOU KNOW MYSQL, can you help me out with the query command above... rather than the products_status stuff I added... I like to add a
    "products_date_available" and check if it's ">= today".... checking "p.product_status = 1" was easy.... but I don't know the mySQL syntax for ">= today"....

Thanks.

also, I'm still very knew to the whole open source environment... It seems to me that the logic in this file is a little off... instead of listing "products added this month"... it seems like it should display "products that are added this month and don't have any available data as well as products that are available this month (and were added months ago)" ... I don't even know where I'd begin to get the communities clearance to attempt to change this logic and then submit it, etc...

Thanks again,
    ~Danny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast