Plugin Contributions

Default Downloads: Sorry. File not found. Please contact the webmaster to report this error.

Linda, I followed your instructions on how to set up products for down load in this thread,

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ributes&page=3

I'm getting the following error:

Sorry. File not found. Please contact the webmaster to report this error.
    c/f: YoureBook.zip

My question is, when entering the file name for download do you enter the path to the download directory, /tmp/Yourebook.zip or just the file name, YoureBook.zip?? noticed that in the status in admin>customers>orders that the status of the product was "not found on server" or does the Zen download controller supposed to place the file in the .tmp directory?

Thanks, Guy Fuller

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloads: Sorry. File not found. Please contact the webmaster to report this err

Quote Originally Posted by starcad View Post
    My question is, when entering the file name for download do you enter the path to the download directory, /tmp/Yourebook.zip or just the file name, YoureBook.zip??
    Just the filename, using exactly the same spelling and upper/lowercase letters that you used when you uploaded the file to the /download folder on your server.
    noticed that in the status in admin>customers>orders that the status of the product was "not found on server"
    Did you upload the file to the /download folder?

or does the Zen download controller supposed to place the file in the .tmp directory?
    If you're using download-by-redirect (Admin->Config->Attribute Settings), Zen Cart automatically puts a symlink of the file into the /pub folder, and then your customer downloads it from there directly.

Attribute-Setup FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=57
    Download setup FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloads: Sorry. File not found. Please contact the webmaster to report this err

Thanks Dr Byte. This is getting more interesting all the time. Yup! I have the file uploaded to the download directory and all is good there and I spelled the name correctly. had the redirect turned on so gonna give it another try. Thanks for the links the more the better as I will get to the bottom of this. Never give up!

Guy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you hosted on linux or windows?
    Which browser are you using?
    What is your setting for DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD in your /includes/configure.php file?
    What are the permissions on that folder?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, Linda. I'd like to publicly say THANK YOU to the both of you. Dr. it was a spelling error in the file name. Sometimes four eyes are better than two, had the wife look at what I was typing and she picked it up. Linda, again, Thank You for your very descriptive post on how to set this all up.

To those concerned, Linda's post should be a sticky in the General Questions area as I've seen quite a few post relating to this subject.

Thanks all who helped it's now working and I can get some sleep.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To those concerned, Linda's post should be a sticky in the General Questions area as I've seen quite a few post relating to this subject.
    The FAQ has been updated to contain her instructions for both single and multiple downloads per product:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71

Plugin Contributions

please help

I seem to be having this exact same issue, but the file is spelled correctly. The file is accessible from my server using either HTP protocol or FTP protocol from my browser. The whole process goes very smoothly until it reaches the end where you click on the download button. I'm at a loss and cannot understand why I'm getting this error.

Follow the instructions for downloading a product.
    Could not find the sort order input slot in the attribute controller screen
    so I used this sort update instead. Any help you can give me would be most appreciated.