Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Canada post shipping error 110 need help!

Hello,

I have installed the Canada Post module and it is working fine except whenevr I use the check out I get the following error:

Canada Post
    Cannot reach Canada Post Server. You may refresh this page (Press F5 on your keyboard) to try again.
    110 Connection timed out
    If you prefer to use Canada Post as your shipping method, please contact the Emma's Heart - An Organic Journey via Email
    I have contacted my internet provider (AMFU.com) , web hosting provider, canada post and nobody knows how to get this to work.

I have opened ports 110 and 30000 on my dlink 524 router both ways and even turned the firewall off but still it won't go through and connect.

PLEASE PLEASE do you have any advice on how to get this to work?

Regards,
    Craig

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada post shipping error 110 need help!

Quote Originally Posted by emmasheart View Post
    I have opened ports 110 and 30000 on my dlink 524 router both ways and even turned the firewall off but still it won't go through and connect.
    Port 110 is used for incoming email, and is unrelated to Canada Post traffic, which uses only port 30000 for communication.
    The "110" in "110 Connection timed out" is only an error number, not a port.

- Is the "dlink 524 router" you mentioned something that's in your home?
    - Where is your webserver located?
    - Who is your hosting company?
    - What version of PHP are you using?
    - What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    - What is the URL to your site where this error can be seen in action?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Dlink router is the internet sharing box that goes between the modem from Rogers Cable and my computer. It lets me share internet connection and also does wireless for my laptop. http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=316

My webserver is Rogers High Speed in Toronto, Ontario Canada

I use AFMU PHP web hosting (http://afmu.com/) located in central United States.

I use PHP version is, I believe, 4.4.6

I use Zen Cart version 1.3.7 (latest)

The URL is http://www.emmasheart.com/shop/

Hope this helps to figure it out,
    Craig

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Dlink router is the internet sharing box that goes between the modem from Rogers Cable and my computer. It lets me share internet connection and also does wireless for my laptop.
    You don't need to change the ports on your home router. It's the ports on the hosting company's firewall that need changing.
    I use AFMU PHP web hosting (http://afmu.com/) located in central United States.
    What did AFMU say when you asked them to open port 30000 bidirectionally in their firewall ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The hosting company says the ports are open and AFMU said:

The port 30000 is open in the server. Your router may be blocking the port. Please check your router configuration.

Everybody says it's somebody else's fault...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In the /includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php file, around or about line 297 you'll find this:
    Code:
    	$fp = @fsockopen($host, $port, $errno, $errstr, 3);
    Try removing the @ symbol from that line.
    Then attempt another checkout-shipping test.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I did that and get this error at the top of the page:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000 (Connection timed out) in /home/emma/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 298

It messes up the page layout and fonts as well.

Craig

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000 (Connection timed out) in /home/emma/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 298
    That means that the server your website is running on is unable to talk to the Canada Post server in order to get a quote.
    Causes:
    a) port 30000 is not open
    - it has to be open in the server's firewall
    - it has to be open in the hosting company's internet firewall
    - it has to be open for both inbound and outbound traffic
    b) webserver cannot resolve the DNS name properly

"Connection timed out" means that it made a request to connect, but got no response back.
    The problem is somewhere between your site's server and the general internet.

Only your hosting company can resolve that.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so this may be a stupid question (like the "are you sure it is plugged in" quesiton) but you do have a customer account and you are on the Canada Post production server right?

Sorry, I just had to ask.

Pat

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I do have an account and the guy I spoke to said there is only one server now, there isn't a "test server" or "production server" anymore, only one server. Is he wrong?

I entered my CPC_XXXNAME on the side in the module but it didn't ask me to put my password anywhere...but I can use them to successfully log onto the Canada Post webiste login.

The Canada Post guy said that when he checked to see if he was getting responses from me he noticed that he wasn't and said the error wasn't with Canada Post. I emailed AFMU.com and they said the port 30000 is open. I checked with Rogers Internet and they said that port 110 is open and for port 30000 I had to contact the host (AFMU.COM)

AFMU.com just sent me this response when I asked them if they are sure if the port is open:

The port 30000 is not bidirectional. It will allow the connection on 30000 port. The logs shows the same;

root@saturn [~]# iptables -nL |grep 30000
    ACCEPT tcp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW tcp 30000

Craig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast