Plugin Contributions

Default Products for a limited time...

Hi,

I just installed zencart and i have a couple of questions. I want to know if it is at all possible to have products listed for a limited time. For example, If i list a product, you have until midnight of the 5th day to buy it. I guess woot.com is a good example of what im looking for except for multiple products. I want to have a set time of when a product should be sold or not.

Thanks in advance!
    Paul

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products for a limited time...

This is not a current feature of Zen Cart but I have built things like this in the past for clients ...

It can be written to behave in this manner to turn off Products or mark them Sold Out or Sale Over or Snooze You Lose ...

Got your coder hat on?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This is not a current feature of Zen Cart but I have built things like this in the past for clients ...

It can be written to behave in this manner to turn off Products or mark them Sold Out or Sale Over or Snooze You Lose ...

Got your coder hat on?
    Ya i was hoping it won't come down to that... Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Plugin Contributions

Well ... look at how the Banners, Featured, Specials are managed and do something similar ...

It does take time to write all of the changes needed ... but it can be done ...

If this is beyond your current skills then perhaps try the Commercial Help Wanted ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I think i can figure it out. I was thinking of running a php script that would change the status of a certain product. then setting up a cron job to run the script at the certain times. Would that be a good idea?

Plugin Contributions

Do it that way or follow how this is done in the sections I named and you do not need to rely on a cron job to manage this ...

You need to do code changes anyway so you might just do it the right way to start with ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

ya i would but my php skills arent too advanced... i think setting up a cron job to run a script would be way easier.