Plugin Contributions

Default Zen as showcase customization question

Is it possible to use ZenCart as a product showcase (with prices) but still activate the shopping cart feature, and not have any checkout?

I'm redesigning a site that lists villas and tours throughout Europe, and what we are looking to do is put all of our villas up on the site as products that people can add to a cart, then be able to email your cart to the director of the business. (Because he does this on a personal level with many of the clients, and because it's overseas, he still runs all reservations by hand, and he wants to continue to do it that way in case of cancellations and such.)

I've turned my cart into a showcase, which disabled the shopping cart feature. Is there any way to do what I'm asking? I know it's an odd sort of request, and it might be destined for the contractor listing, but the zen community never ceases to amaze me, and I think I'm ready to get up to my knees in php modification. Thanks in advance.

villasandvines.com/villas

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen as showcase customization question

This would take quite a bit of custom coding ...

Have you looked an customizing a Payment module that would allow checkout but not make a real charge?

Then the Order goes through but is more like a Request than an Order ... but you have the same functionality as if it were a real order ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen as showcase customization question

That seems like a good place to start Linda. I think it just might do the trick, and store all of the pertinent information in the orders section of the admin, which would be much easier to run than through the email.

Here's the little sticky note I just made myself; if you would please let me know if I'm on the right track, it would be much appreciated :) -

1. Use single sheet checkout system
    2. Make it more like a form than an order, really dig deep to find out how order.php and the mail forms work and marry the two
    3. Still keep the account feature disabled
    4. Make it so it mails into orders.php

Thanks!!