Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

Well, it appears I have reached a dead end!!!

After intensive research by Ajeh, he did not find anything wrong with my Zen Cart install or settings.
    After intensive research by my web host, they can find nothing wrong. They said my IP address may be blocked by USPS for some reason.
    After intensive research by USPS, they can find nothing wrong. They suggested a new ID, which did not help. They suggested it may be a firewall or antivirus program. I disable firewalls and antivirus program, to no avail.

For grins, I installed Oscommerce. Guess what? Oscommerce cannot find a USPS shipping quote either.
    That suggests to me that it is not a Zen Cart issue, and confirms that Ajeh is absolutely correct.
    I have no idea where to go or what to do next! This has turned into a nightmare.
    Thanks for everyone's help. If anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.
    I must also add that I very much appreciate how much time and effort Ajeh has given to helping me. He has gone way beyond what I would expect from anyone.
    Kudos to Ajeh!!!
    Thanks, Grandpa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

Actaully .. it's she ... but that is neither here nor there ...

I am disappointed to see that neither your IPS nor USPS has found a solution for this issue ...

As I have tried your USPS id on my server with success and mine on yours, where it fails, that is a situation of either you hosting server with an issue or USPS ...

I am still leaning towards it being an issue with your hosting provider for your server ...

The intermittent issue with UPS also makes be wonder and that question is it UPS with a round robin on their servers that is allowing the partial connecting to work ...

I will try to give this some more thought for a solution ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Actaully .. it's she ... but that is neither here nor there ...

I am disappointed to see that neither your IPS nor USPS has found a solution for this issue ...

As I have tried your USPS id on my server with success and mine on yours, where it fails, that is a situation of either you hosting server with an issue or USPS ...

I am still leaning towards it being an issue with your hosting provider for your server ...

The intermittent issue with UPS also makes be wonder and that question is it UPS with a round robin on their servers that is allowing the partial connecting to work ...

I will try to give this some more thought for a solution ...
    Perhaps a solution will somehow emerge. Thank you so much!
    And sorry for the gender confusion on my part.
    Grandpa

Plugin Contributions

Here is the latest message I received form my web hosting service:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your patience. Please let me inform you that this problem has been checked by our admin team. We've found out that connection from server is going fine till the point when it should connect to USPS network. We've verified that hosts in the middle of the connection route don't block it. Neighboring servers can connect to USPS hosts without problems. Please contact USPS and check if they have blocked "XX.X.XX.XXX" (IP of your web server webXXXX) on their firewall.

Best regards,
    XXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXWebhosting

Of course, I added all the X's.
    I forwarded the above email to the person I have been dealing with at USPS. No response yet, but I will post when I hear from them.
    It does appear that the problem all along has been a connection failure somewhere between my web host and USPS, either one or the other, or both.
    Grandpa

Plugin Contributions

Very frustrating ... let us know what you discover ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

For sure! Thanks for your concern and help,
    Grandpa

Plugin Contributions

Saga continues (or should I say "nightmare")! Connection failure continues between my web host and usps, with each party pointing the finger at each other. And to add to the frustration, I am the go-between between them, relaying messages back and forth. They do not seem interested in dealing directly with each other to resolve their problem (which of course, is mine also). Lots of fun!!
    Grandpa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me... [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpasToys View Post
    Saga continues (or should I say "nightmare")! Connection failure continues between my web host and usps, with each party pointing the finger at each other. And to add to the frustration, I am the go-between between them, relaying messages back and forth. They do not seem interested in dealing directly with each other to resolve their problem (which of course, is mine also). Lots of fun!!
    Grandpa
    IT'S WORKING (but I don't know why) - The latest thing to happen was my contact with USPS told me he was escalating the issue to the "Program Office". About two days after that, my USPS module started working. Of course, they have not responded to me that they fixed it, what was wrong, or how they fixed it. So, I am assuming that they fixed it, and that it did not just start working again on its on.
    It would be nice to know, in case someone else has this problem. Hopefully, it will continue to function correctly.
    Thanks,
    Grandpa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me... [SOLVED]

Way to go ...

Hopefully they will tell you ...

Thanks for the update that all is right in the world once more ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011