Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

I do have root access to my server. I have no idea where the php.ini file is or how to download it and then upload it via Putty (I am a neophyte when it comes to unix).

I emailed my hosting company. I have no idea why they are not answering the tech support phones. It's supposed to be 24/7 tech support. I'm getting orders via my store and I can't see what people ordered because IPN isn't working due to fsockopen.

Frustrating.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

Just want to thank you again for your help and let you know that I finally got a hold of tech support and they fixed the problem. BTW, for those who may come across this later, find a script on the web that tests fsockopen (there's one in this forum) to determine if that's really the problem. Then, if it is, contact your hosting support.

USPS and Paypal IPN now work as they should. Awesome!

Plugin Contributions

I'm actually getting this now, sometimes the module works, sometimes it doesn't.. I've re-installed till my fingers turned blue and I can't figure it out.

Here is the debug email:
    <HEAD><TITLE>HTTP Error 500</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>SERVER ERROR</H1>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.</B</body></html>

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Just tried again, same person, same session, just reloaded the page and now I get:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <RateResponse><Package ID="0"><Service>EXPRESS</Service><ZipOrigination>91403</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>94582</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Container>None</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage>17.45</Postage></Package><Package ID="1"><Service>FIRST CLASS</Service><ZipOrigination>91403</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>94582</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Container>None</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage>1.34</Postage></Package><Package ID="2"><Service>PRIORITY</Service><ZipOrigination>91403</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>94582</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Container>None</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage>4.80</Postage></Package><Package ID="3"><Service>PARCEL</Service><ZipOrigination>91403</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>94582</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Container>None</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage>8.25</Postage></Package></RateResponse>

Does anyone have an idea why this is occuring, is it USPS? I know what the 500 error indicates, but why does this continue to happen?

Plugin Contributions

The USPS server is hiccuping today.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

email error Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

Damn.. USPS is still down for me. I added some more Debugging into the Debug email since the emails I was getting were empty.
    This is what I got:

Server: production.shippingapis.com

Request:
    /shippingapi.dll?API=Rate&XML=%3CRateRequest+USERID%3D%224373DRET5011%22%3E%3CPac kage+ID%3D%220%22%3E%3CService%3EEXPRESS%3C%2FService%3E%3CZipOrigination%3E9001 0%3C%2FZipOrigination%3E%3CZipDestination%3E90036%3C%2FZipDestination%3E%3CPound s%3E1%3C%2FPounds%3E%3COunces%3E2%3C%2FOunces%3E%3CContainer%3ENone%3C%2FContain er%3E%3CSize%3EREGULAR%3C%2FSize%3E%3CMachinable%3EFalse%3C%2FMachinable%3E%3C%2 FPackage%3E%3CPackage+ID%3D%221%22%3E%3CService%3EPRIORITY%3C%2FService%3E%3CZip Origination%3E90010%3C%2FZipOrigination%3E%3CZipDestination%3E90036%3C%2FZipDest ination%3E%3CPounds%3E1%3C%2FPounds%3E%3COunces%3E2%3C%2FOunces%3E%3CContainer%3 ENone%3C%2FContainer%3E%3CSize%3EREGULAR%3C%2FSize%3E%3CMachinable%3EFalse%3C%2F Machinable%3E%3C%2FPackage%3E%3C%2FRateRequest%3E

Response:

Plugin Contributions

Just called USPS at Telephone: 1-800-344-7779 (7:00AM to 11:00PM ET)
    They have confirmed servers are down till tomorrow morning.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that the USPS servers are down and that they cannot respond with any shipping quotes until they are fixed sometime tomorrow ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Awesome, thought it was just me. Thanks everyone, I'll take a look tomorrow morning and post the results. Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Looks to me as though it's back up. Re-activated USPS shipping and the quotes came right up at checkout.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast