Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Modify Advanced Search Fields

I am trying to modify the advanced search page fields, but have, after much anxiety, still found nothing that even comes close to answering this question. Obviously, there must be a workaround for this somwhere?!?!

HERE is a link to the aesthetically modified Advanced Search page I am working on. This advanced search function does not yet work, as it returns a blank page upon field selections.

Anyway, now I want to make these new fields (shown below and on the link above) searchable on the Advanced Search Page. Because I have placed all the relevant information right in the product description, these fields can be made to ONLY search the product description and NOT other fields in the database!

This are the fields that I want to add (and remove):

Select Your Search Criteria:
    > DropDown 1 - Product Family
    > DropDown 2 - Application
    > DropDown 3 - Material
    > DropDown 4 - Type of Cut
    > DropDown 5 - Cutting Diameter
    > Text Box 1 - Search by EDP#

(Then Click) Search

A) The keyword search box (the one with the search help link in it) must be removed as it causes an error when no keyword is placed in it.

B) The six criteria must be able to all have values selected, or just one, and still display results on the results page.

IMPORTANT!!! >>>The fields above can all search from the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AS ALL THIS INFORMATION IS LISTED IN THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION (makes it more simple).

Please let me know if you know anything about this or maybe just the URL where this contribution/modification is.

Your help would be so very much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Modify Advanced Search Fields

Hi Jim,

I received your email. My Zen-Cart project is currently on hold as I am working on some higher priority projects. I am not sure when I will get back to it. My version is 1.2.6d which is totally out-dated. If you are using a version similar to mine, then I recommend checking in includes/blocks/blk_advanced_search_result.php. There are a few different things going on this file.

First, all database table columns to be searched are added to an array.

Second, the sql query is generated. This is a long block of code but a little study can make sense of it. You will need to work your additional form fields into the query. They will be passed through with the other parameters in the $_GET or $_RESULT array.

I wish you the best of luck with your project. I will soon be developing my own shopping cart system that will be better suited for my particular projects. Zen-Cart is an excellent open-source system but it is a little too bloated with functionality I don't need.

Plugin Contributions

Hi bjoly,

I am using an up to date version - 1.3.7 - I have no directories called 'blocks' in the include directory. Are you speaking of the tpl_advanced_search_result.php file?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Plugin Contributions

The blocks directory was deprecated in v1.3 and no longer exists.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Modify Advanced Search Fields

Quote Originally Posted by JimRoster View Post
    I am trying to modify the advanced search page fields, but have, after much anxiety, still found nothing that even comes close to answering this question. Obviously, there must be a workaround for this somwhere?!?!

HERE is a link to the aesthetically modified Advanced Search page I am working on. This advanced search function does not yet work, as it returns a blank page upon field selections.

Anyway, now I want to make these new fields (shown below and on the link above) searchable on the Advanced Search Page. Because I have placed all the relevant information right in the product description, these fields can be made to ONLY search the product description and NOT other fields in the database!

> DropDown 3 - Material

(Then Click) Search

A) The keyword search box (the one with the search help link in it) must be removed as it causes an error when no keyword is placed in it.

B) The six criteria must be able to all have values selected, or just one, and still display results on the results page.

IMPORTANT!!! >>>The fields above can all search from the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AS ALL THIS INFORMATION IS LISTED IN THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION (makes it more simple).

Please let me know if you know anything about this or maybe just the URL where this contribution/modification is.

hi
    the link you gave above does wel work, could you please give us the hint how did you do it, or may be you can put it in the contribution downloadable page of zen cart, please.

Plugin Contributions

I am also looking to do some thing similar as part of a gift search.

I would like to be able to get the customer to enter/select from a number of criteria and then offer them a list of products:

eg occassion, gender, age, price range.

Has any one got this as a mod? How do you create the different options. i.e. can I create new fields easily in the database for each category/selection box and then populate the fields in the database to help filter the products. Or do I use metatags and get the existing seach to just read these.

Help and advice much appreciated?

Thanks

MG

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Modify Advanced Search Fields

Quote Originally Posted by JimRoster View Post

> DropDown 3 - Material

(Then Click) Search

I'm also looking for this, could you give some clue as how you did this?

thanks in advance!
    DMR

Plugin Contributions

me 2! this is exactly what i need (i think)

Plugin Contributions

Hi All!

I have a client site http://team-kh.awpdc.com/~shzaikhn/s...4&inc_subcat=1 where advance search is not working for categorie. Please from any body need urgent help.

Please give me urgent help
    Thanks
    Zahid

Plugin Contributions

There is no information regarding creating additional search fields on the advanced search pages on this zen cart Forum.

Given that Zen cart is a maze of its own coding rules, some mentioning from the creators would be welcome.

Adding to the search function has been requested for years from Zen Cart yet no one has come out with any tutorials. or much guidance...pity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast