Page 93 of 326 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

On the categories listed in the sidebar, is there a quick way to get rid of the

"->"

After each of them. My eyes are blurring and I can't quite find where to do that. I want to make it so any new categories won't have it generated.

Thanks!

Dave

Plugin Contributions

AHAH! I found it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    1. Paragraphs.... you are not using them right. Paragraphs should look like this:

<p>Paragraph Text Here</p>
    <p>Second Paragraph Here</p>

2. Links... you don't have them coded right either. You have links on that page like this:

<a href="http://personalized2perfection.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=61_2</a><font color="purple"><b><u>CHILDREN'S BOOKS!</u></b></font>

Should be like this:

<a href="http://personalized2perfection.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=61_2"><font color="purple"><b><u>CHILDREN'S BOOKS!</u></b></font></a>

3. Centered text... you changed this:

Code:
    #nw {
        text-align:left;
        vertical-align:top;
        margin:0 auto;
        }
    to this:

Code:
    #nw {
        text-align:center;
        }
    4. What banners? If they are truly turned off, then, they won't show.

5. Fedex issue... not sure, that's not part of the template, I'd ask that in another thread... I'm really not sure.
    You have been great. Thanks for that. I didn't recheck my coding since it was working in the last template I was using. Again, thank you for correcting me. I must have been learning from the wrong people...

with number 3: changing the coding....this will have the default standard/ meaning if I want centered text, I will have to code it in <center></center> right?

Plugin Contributions

Ashton0603,

Code:

HTML Code:
    <center></center>
    is deprecated, this is a posh way of saying that you shouldn't use it anymore. Not because some bolt of lightning will strike you but because it will cause you confusion when coding.
    The stylesheet should do all (99%) of the layout for you. If you separate layout from content then you will keep things simpler overall, especially when your site is dynamically generated, like ZenCart.
    the logic of the stylesheet will become appreant very quickly as long as you don't overthink it.

Code:

#nw {
        text-align:center;
        }
    means: make all text in the div id nw centred, align with the top of the parent div box and with a zero top and bottom margin, but style everything (not just text) with an equal left and right margin.

so, if you were to take the <body> element and style it in the css thus:
    Code:
    body {text-align: center}
    then all text within the body will be centred.
    Remember though that stylesheets have a hierarchy too, so if you take in individual element or division(div) and style it separately after another rule then that statement will be followed, so:

Code:

body {text-align: center}

p {text-align: left}
    would mean, all text is centred, but <p> text is align to the left.

to understand the flow though:

Code:

p {text-align: center}

p {text-align: left}
    in the same stylesheet, in this order would mean that all <p> text is aligned left, because that rule came last and is therefore adhered to.

Correct use of the stylesheet will mean that <center></center> as with other inline styles will become obsolete to you (for the most part). Rightly so, imagine having to go through 12Mb of code looking for all of the tags inline with the html/php!

Hope that this helps!

Dave

Plugin Contributions

If one doesn't want a right side bar -- how does one make the left side bar and the main center segments wider to use that space?

Also, where can one change the style of the footer? The "main font" isn't visible on the background I chose. So I either need a background or a way to change JUST the footer font.

www.alovelything.com
    Last edited by Lovely; 3 Mar 2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: add link

Plugin Contributions

Lovely,

Jet(true) has included the instructions on precisely how to do this in the read_me text. Print it off and follow the css instructions under the heading TIPS.
    It's a little too much to cut and paste into here.

Regards

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Dave. I didn't realize the instructions were there for the columns!

Plugin Contributions

I am tweaking the product display page.

But cannot figure out how to get the product description to go across the page instead of centered under the photo.

http://alovelything.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=4

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I had created separate thread for this, but I haven't had an actual answer in 2 or 3 days now. I'm beginning to think that maybe it's something to do with the template...and I use Cherry Zen.

I have the reviews sidebox turned on. However it ONLY shows the first review in alphabetical order in the sidebox. How can I make it show a random review in the sidebox?

Plugin Contributions

Hello! Thanks for the template! I am having a small (or I hope it's small) problem however. I got it working perfectly for IE7 and Firefox, however on IE6 the right column is all jacked up. For reference please look at this site using IE6 (you might need to have your resolution set at 800X600) - http://www.conspicuouschick.com/zencart/index.php

What seems to be happening, is the reviews column is over lapping the top and bottom of the page - covering up the navigation menu at the top - it's also missing the grey background.

Please advise. Thank you!