Page 126 of 326 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 3251
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gsdcypher View Post
    Hopefully the format comes through... this is what I have right now in the sitemap instead of the links:

BOX_HEADING_IMPORTANT_LINKS
    * BOX_IMPORTANT_LINKS_GOVERNMENT_PURCHASING_INFO
    * BOX_IMPORTANT_LINKS_PRINTABLE_CATALOG
    * BOX_IMPORTANT_LINKS_DOG_TRAINING
    * BOX_IMPORTANT_LINKS_WEB_RESOURCES

Thanks heavenlynights. I will check out that mod also.
    Just make actual links, stop trying to use php.

<li><a href="index.php?main_page=linkofpagehere">Name of Page Here</a></li>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by coolbuys View Post
    The individual product pages look different in IE vs. Firefox. In IE, they display perfectly. In Firefox, for some reason the main content portion where the product information is encroaches on the left sideboxes.

I have no idea why this is happening. You can see what I mean by checking out a page here:

http://coolbuydirect.com/c/harddrive...der-p-597.html

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    It's probably because you're looking at it with a narrow site window and there's a large banner on the top of the page. (portable mp3 speakers image)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorousshoe View Post
    Iam trying to build a site based on the Default Zen Template.
    I want to change the Navigation Bar to Look like the ones in the Cherry Template. I tryied to copy the StyleSheet from the Cherry to my site, which as you know changes the whole layout, SO the question is What do I need to change in my Stylesheet to be able to get the same Navigation bar without changing any other configuration for the header, I want to keep the white line between the logo area and the navigation bar. Also I want the Cherry Navigation bar to be centered.
    The site is www.coolcarpartsonline.com. Its not done yet but its a start.
    Sorry, it's not just about moving the stylesheet over, and unless I've done it, I can't tell you how to do it, but I can give you a step in the right direction. Past that, you'll have to do some figuring out. You'll need to copy over the navMainWrapper section from includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_header.php, and then only use the related css:

Code:
    #navMainWrapper {
    	background:url("../images/red/header.gif");
    	}

#navMainWrapper {
    	height:32px;
    	width:100%;
    	font-size:12px;
    	}

#navMain a {
    	background:url("../images/red/tableftE.gif") no-repeat left top;
    	}

#navMain a span {
    	background:url("../images/red/tabrightE.gif") no-repeat right top;
    	}

#navMain a span.last {
    	background:url("../images/red/tabrightE_last.gif") no-repeat right top;
    	}

#navMain a span {
    	color:#ffffff; /* color of header links, HOME, LOGIN, MY ACCOUNT, etc. */
    	}

#navMain a:hover span {
    	color:#ffffff; /* color of header links, HOME, LOGIN, MY ACCOUNT, etc. when hovered over */
    	}

#navMain {
    	float:right;
    	width:750px;
    	line-height:normal;
    	}

#navMain ul {
    	float:right;
    	list-style:none;
    	}

#navMain li {
    	display:inline;
    	}

#navMain a {
    	float:left;
    	text-decoration:none;
    	}

#navMain a span {
    	float:left;
    	display:block;
    	padding:7px 15px 10px 15px;
    	text-align:center;
    	width:90px;
    	cursor:pointer;
    	}

/* Commented Backslash Hack hides rule from IE5-Mac \*/
    #navMain a span {float:none;}
    /* End IE5-Mac hack */

#navMain a:hover {
    	background-position:0% -32px;
    	}

#navMain a:hover span {
    	background-position:100% -32px;
    	}

Plugin Contributions

Jettrue,

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

At the risk of the answer being somewhere in all of the 127 pages of this thread, I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of some white space that - for a change - only appears in Firefox, but not in IE.

See: http://www.taspotatoes.com.au/shop

The white space appears below the main navigation bar. I've ruled out it being caused by the logo. I've tried to adjust the "#navMain a span" by playing around with the padding, but although this appears to fix the problem when I change the bottom to 0, it results in shortened hover images as they are also cut off and which looks weird.

It may have something to do with the fact that my top shadow box doesn't show in either browser - for some reason it is hiding behind the main navigation bar. It is possible that IE just ignores this but FF doesn't.

Any ideas on where the problem might be?

Thanks,
    wizard247

Plugin Contributions

Also my site is not "fluid" although I don't mind it as it ties in with the rest of the site, but I was just wondering why.

Immediately after installation - before changing anything on the template or shopping cart files I noticed the design was not fluid.

Thanks,
    Louise

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure its been gone over, but I can't wade through 127 pages to see it.

First of all, great template, its amazing.

If you head to travoltron.com/store you'll see there is a Link in the EZ pages header for the accompanying forum. (I did not use phpBB, thus, I did not integrate it with zc.)
    I'd love for this link to be in the same bar that shows the login, my account, checkout, etc.

I've pored over the stylesheet, but I'm at a loss for how to go about that.

I'd also love to add another button to link the blog.

Thanks everyone. I'm digging zc pretty hard, and loving the community effort. Everyone here rocks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wizard247 View Post
    Also my site is not "fluid" although I don't mind it as it ties in with the rest of the site, but I was just wondering why.

Immediately after installation - before changing anything on the template or shopping cart files I noticed the design was not fluid.

Thanks,
    Louise
    It's probably because you are looking with a lower resolution monitor. The site is designed to get no smaller than 1000px, so if the width of your browser is about that, then it won't be "fluid", but it will be fluid for "most" other people.

You can change the 1000px to a smaller number in this section of stylesheet.css (though I wouldn't go smaller than about 850px):

Code:
    #nw {
    	width:80%; /* main site width; if you'd prefer a fixed width site, enter the width in px here. */
    	max-width:1300px; /* prevents the main content from getting wider than 1300px in sites other than IE */
    	min-width:1000px; /* this prevents the main content from getting smaller than 1000px in browsers OTHER THAN IE. You can make this as small as 800px, BUT any smaller than that, and the top header menu will break into two lines. Also, if you make this width 800px, you will need to make sure your product image on the product info page is no wider than 190px */
    	}

/* IE only. Controls Width of Site and Main Content*/
    * html #nw {
    	width:expression((d=document.compatMode=="CSS1Compat" ? document.documentElement : document.body) && (d.clientWidth > 1300? "1300px" : d.clientWidth > 1048? "80%" : d.clientWidth < 1048? "1000px" : "80%")); /* this prevents the site from getting smaller than 1000px or wider than 1300px in IE */
    	}

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - I have set the width to a fixed 1000 pixels now.

In doing so I noticed that it was actually the dropshadow stylesheet that prevented me from displaying the fluid width. (I was viewing my site on a 1440 x 900 resolution). As soon as I removed the stylesheet and consequent drop shadow, my site became indeed fluid.

Any ideas on my previous post of white space below the top navigation bar? (see above)

Cheers,
    Wizard247

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wizard247 View Post
    Hi,

At the risk of the answer being somewhere in all of the 127 pages of this thread, I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of some white space that - for a change - only appears in Firefox, but not in IE.

See: http://www.taspotatoes.com.au/shop

The white space appears below the main navigation bar. I've ruled out it being caused by the logo. I've tried to adjust the "#navMain a span" by playing around with the padding, but although this appears to fix the problem when I change the bottom to 0, it results in shortened hover images as they are also cut off and which looks weird.

It may have something to do with the fact that my top shadow box doesn't show in either browser - for some reason it is hiding behind the main navigation bar. It is possible that IE just ignores this but FF doesn't.

Any ideas on where the problem might be?

Thanks,
    wizard247
    It looks like you changes some things since last night. Yes, if you remove the bottom padding on #navMain a span, the logo will pop into place. Since you are no longer using the roll over effect, you can just do that. But I'll look into fixing this issue on my template (it only happens when using a wider logo).