Page 234 of 326 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3251
    Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bettsaj View Post
    Hi,

I've tried checking the general Zen Cart support section with no luck, hopefully someone here will point me in the correct direction.

I've installed Cherry Zen and want to replace the main e-start-book.gif image with a centered Flash animation. Now i know how to embed the Flash.... That's not a problem, but I can't find how to centre it in the main page. Is it altered via a style sheet or is there a php file that needs to have a float:left tag removed?

Please help me.... I'm fairly new to php and shopping carts so any help would be much appreciated.

Andy
    You should not have to edit any PHP or CSS to change the front page of your site. In the admin control panel, go to Tools / Define Pages Editor

Select either text mode or HTMLarea for a WYSIWYG editor, the in the pull down select define_main_page.php and edit to your hearts content.

Just a tip: always include a link to the site you are working on, so if you are having problems, we can see what you are having problems with.

JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Hello,

First of all, I wanted to say thank you for this wonderful template.

Here is what I need help with. The search in the header, I need it to be an advanced search that follows this pattern.

keyword field/category pull down/manufactures pull down/ button

I tried to mess the with the advanced search in the side box (this is an add on), and use the code in my header but..... it only works on the main page. Any searches from other pages in my site doesn't work. I really hope someone can help me with this as I believe it's a major help to website visitors.

Thanks for your time Nicole

Hi -

Well I have installed the cherry zen template and I really like so far.....but I actually haven't gotten that far at all. I've been spinning my wheels for four days now. Reading through posts and monkeying around with the code. I am ready to give godaddy $50 a month for their shopping cart.

Please check my website; www.paigesjewelry.com. The issues I need help with are:

1. I need to get rid of the "powered by zen-cart" logo picture. I went into the template_default and deleted the logo.gif but that did not work.

2. I don't know where the "Heading_Title" came from or how to get rid of it.

3. I would like to make "Welcome to Paige's Jewelry & Fragrance. Your Wholesale Jewelry & Fragrance Source." bigger, centered, and in a different font but not sure where to do all this either.

4. I also would like to enter some additional text information below the header.

I am VERY new at this coding stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Paige

Plugin Contributions

I love this temp.. but how do i change the BlUE background? I have an actual image (wallpaper) i want to use....
    can you tell me where to go?
    Classy, Upscale, Sophisticated, Discreet
    www.ClassyDesires.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi paigesjewelry,

You would probably really benefit from getting the Zen Cart book. It will explain to you in easy to understand terms.

I used the Cherry Zen template and made it into this:
    www.newoldsounds.com

I have been working with the template for about 6 months now and spent a lot of time getting it to look this way. If you want to retain full control over the way stuff looks and behaves, Zen Cart is far superior to GoDaddy, not to mention a lot cheaper. With GoDaddy, a lot of stuff is "locked in" so to speak, whereas Zen Cart has addons that can completely change or add functionality specific to your needs. Plus, the community is very supportive.

A lot of the formatting happens here:
    includes\templates\cherry_zen\common\tpl_header.php

and in:
    includes\templates\cherry_zen\css\stylesheet.css

The learning curve gets compounded when working with a 3rd party template. It is somewhat more challenging to work with a template because there is a little less documentation, but as you see from my site, it is very configurable. If you're the kind of person that wants to really control the look and feel of everything, Zen Cart is great software. I admit it was frustrating to get it looking good. You may consider hiring a Zen Cart expert, there are many companies who specialize in it.

Hope this helps,
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

chachab,

The blue background is in:
    \includes\templates\cherry_zen\css\stylesheet.css

Look for this line, close to the top:
    background:#84A4C1; /* main site background color, blue default */

I changed the number to 555555, which is grey.

And some info on HTML colors, not sure if you need this:
    http://www.w3schools.com/Html/html_colors.asp

Hope this helps,
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paigesjewelry View Post
    Hi -

Paige,
    I'm far from an expert, but I've noticed that the experts won't always help, so I'll throw in my two bits. I've found Zen to have quite a steep learning curve. Particularly for those of us that don't write the code. However, with patience and lots of reading of the FAQs and the forum, it can be done.

1. I need to get rid of the "powered by zen-cart" logo picture. I went into the template_default and deleted the logo.gif but that did not work.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?category=4 also see this about the template over ride system.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=143

Try this https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=95

3. I would like to make "Welcome to Paige's Jewelry & Fragrance. Your Wholesale Jewelry & Fragrance Source." bigger, centered, and in a different font but not sure where to do all this either.

That is in your \includes\templates\cherry_zen\css\stylesheet.css I use http://www.blumentals.net/rapidcss/ to edit the css. I'm not a coder either and this helps me a lot.

4. I also would like to enter some additional text information below the header.
    Not sure how to address this.

Thanks so much!

Paige
    Good luck,
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paigesjewelry View Post
    Hi -

Well I have installed the cherry zen template and I really like so far.....but I actually haven't gotten that far at all. I've been spinning my wheels for four days now. Reading through posts and monkeying around with the code. I am ready to give godaddy $50 a month for their shopping cart.

Please check my website; www.paigesjewelry.com. The issues I need help with are:

Thanks so much!

Paige
    1. Did you read the readme.txt? Number 6 in the readme.txt explains how to change the logo.

2. You deleted something from a language file you should not have.
    You probably made a mistake in this file:
    /includes/languages/english/index.php

I'm guessing you wanted to remove the "Congratulations" text, and instead of just removing the text, you removed the whole line. to make it blank, you need to change this:

Code:
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    To this (i.e., only remove the ACTUAL TEXT):

Code:
    define('HEADING_TITLE', '');
    My advice is to reload the original

And put it in includes/languages/english/cherry_zen/

so that when you ever update the store, you changes will be saved in your cherry_zen/ folder.

3. includes/templates/cherry_zen/css/stylesheet.css

under #tagline:

#tagline {
    font-size:1.1em;
    text-align:center;
    padding:25px 8px 35px;
    }

4. Lets get the other 3 settled first.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nikki72 View Post
    Hello,

First of all, I wanted to say thank you for this wonderful template.

Here is what I need help with. The search in the header, I need it to be an advanced search that follows this pattern.

keyword field/category pull down/manufactures pull down/ button

I tried to mess the with the advanced search in the side box (this is an add on), and use the code in my header but..... it only works on the main page. Any searches from other pages in my site doesn't work. I really hope someone can help me with this as I believe it's a major help to website visitors.

Thanks for your time Nicole
    I am not sure if I posted this in the wrong forum, I haven't seen any replies yet. I have also found what I worked out trying to use the advanced search in the header is that it interferes with my cart.. I can not add anything to the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    1. Did you read the readme.txt? Number 6 in the readme.txt explains how to change the logo.

2. You deleted something from a language file you should not have.
    You probably made a mistake in this file:

I'm guessing you wanted to remove the "Congratulations" text, and instead of just removing the text, you removed the whole line. to make it blank, you need to change this:

Code:
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    To this (i.e., only remove the ACTUAL TEXT):

Code:
    define('HEADING_TITLE', '');
    My advice is to reload the original

And put it in includes/languages/english/cherry_zen/

so that when you ever update the store, you changes will be saved in your cherry_zen/ folder.

3. includes/templates/cherry_zen/css/stylesheet.css

under #tagline:

#tagline {
    font-size:1.1em;
    text-align:center;
    padding:25px 8px 35px;
    }

4. Lets get the other 3 settled first.
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! Since I did not want a logo at all, I deleted the logo.gif from /includes/templates/cherryzen/images. This gave me the zencart logo. I then went to /includes/templates/template_default/images and deleted the logo.gif there. I still have "Powered by Zen Cart" sitting on the main page (www.paigesjewelry.com).
    Do I have to have a logo in order for that "Powered by Zen Cart" to go away?

2. Thanks - that worked it is gone now. :)

3. I was able to make the font larger but it does not "look" centered, even though it says it is centered in the stylesheet. Also, can I change the font of the tagline without changing the font anywhere else on the page? I wanted to make the tagline font Monotype Corsiva.

4. entering the additional text.

Thanks again for your help!