Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin-Editable Sidebox - Support Thread

HI There
    Success! Helps if you know where to look! :-)

OK, now the text in the box which reads:

"Replace this text with your HTML content.

You can include text, links, images, HTML markup and even PHP code"

I thought could be altered within the admin

I know i can edit it through the code itself, but is it possible to edit through the admin?

Thanks for your help again

Samantha

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have got it appearing!!

1) Turn it on thru layout boxes controller
    2) add any text in define pages manager!

superb

I am trying to add a FLASH MP3 player into the code, but its no appearing

My code is this:

<HTML>
    <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
    <!-- Created by Flash Music Studio. http://www.flashmusicstudio.com -->
    <BODY BGCOLOR="#ff0080">
    <TABLE WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%">
    <TR><TD>
    <CENTER>
    <OBJECT CLASSID="CLSID27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    CODEBASE="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" ID="FMS" Width="120" Height="200">
    <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="one.swf">
    <PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#ff0080">
    <EMBED NAME="FMS" SRC="one.swf" BGCOLOR="#ff0080"
    WIDTH="120" HEIGHT="200" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    </CENTER>
    </TD></TR>
    </TABLE>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

So i have a one.swf and an one.xml file as well

I have tried uploading the swf and xml file to
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_editable_sidebox_content.php

But the player doesn't appear.

Should it be uploaded elsewhere or do I need to do something in addition to make it play

Thanks!

samantha

Plugin Contributions

There are several reasons why trying to put this code into a sidebox won't work.

Firstly it is the code for a complete page, including closing tags for the body and HTML on the page. This would terminate your page prematurely.

Then it is embedded code for an active element which since April will not launch without visitor intervention in Internet Explorer. There's a good article on how to get around this using javascript on the Adobe site.

And finally, your movie parameter and embed tags both contain the name of a flash movie which may or may not be that of your swf file, but no path to tell it where to find the movie.

Also, I don't understand what you mean by "uploading the swf and xml file to
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_editable_sidebox_content.php". This is a file rather than a directory, so you can't upload to it, only overwrite it.

Personally I would use the Blank Sidebox mod rather than the Admin Editable Sidebox for this type of code. The need to edit HTML directly forces you to work in plain text mode and rather negates the benefits of being able to use the WYSIWYG editors which was the main reason for developing this variant. Whereas the Blank Sidebox mod gives you more control over the code generated.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Oh My god!
    I got it working

reading your advice (eg, moving out the html and just going from <object> to <object> tag worked a tread

been using flashmusicstudio.com mp3 player

so the swf and xml files were actually to be placed in the ROOT dir, and it works a treat!!!

I think you are brilliant and can't say thanks enough for supporting this as you made me look at things a bit more closely!!

Thanks loads
    Samantha

Plugin Contributions

Hello Kuroi,
    Maybe it is a too principiant question.... (sorry still learning). I've downloaded and installed your module. I've edited the content and the head of the sidebox. It works perfectly. But how I put a link in the sidebox and show the content in main page?
    Perhaps this is a general question (more than related to your module) but can you orient me, please?

thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Kuroi,

Absolutely great Mod!! I have one question though. Well two actually.

After following the instructions about where to put the new pages, going to admin and turning the sidebox on, I went to the define pages editor and the define_editable_sidebox_content.php file was not in the dropdown list. I triple checked everything according to the supplied instructions, but still not showing. I had copied it to
    Code:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/future_zen/define_editable_sidebox_content.php
    like the directions stated, but it did not show up even after a few refreshes.
    Just for and grins, I copied it to
    Code:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_editable_sidebox_content.php
    , refreshed, and it was in the dropdown.

Here is the funny thing: when I went to edit it, I noticed the path just above the editing screen.
    Code:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/future_zen/define_editable_sidebox_content.php
    Is this something I need to worry about? I have done all the overrides ( as far as I can tell), but I am not sure of that file because it didn't show up till I put it in
    Code:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_editable_sidebox_content.php
    OK, may have figured it out...wrong CMOD. That would do it right?

Question two: As far as adding more than one sidebox, is there a FAQ, post or anything telling which files need to be changed to allow more than one so there won't be a conflict? Just a nudge in the right direction will be great. Keep up the great work.

Plugin Contributions

Hi daneh

Don't rightly know what's happened in your case, though a CHMOD issue is a good hypothesis.

There's a hint at the of the readme that comes packaged with the mod as to how to create multiple instances of it.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hello im having real trouble defining the look of the stuff that i put into my editalbe sidebox. I have a workable template in place that i would like to mimic. Which I believe is using the css to edit the overall look of the site and its sideboxes. If anyone has even the slightest clue as how to edit the content so that it will match my template, please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gvillepimp2205 View Post
    If anyone has even the slightest clue as how to edit the content so that it will match my template, please let me know.
    As we don't know what content you have put in your sidebox or what your template looks like, it's not possible for anybody to respond to this request for help. Would you care to make more information available?

Plugin Contributions

Hello again,
    Im trying to make a Sub-Categories sidebox. I want it to look exactly like the Categories sidebox that comes with my template. The Categories sidebox that comes with my template is made to look the way it does through the stylesheet.css. I believe that the template is using the original Categories sidebox from the basic install of Zen Cart, with formating help from the stylesheet.css that came with the template package. I would also like it if the title that hangs over the sidebox reads "Categories" which i have yet to figure out how to do! Thanks for your Help!

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast