Default Need to rebuild my site?

Hi all,

I've just installed the ZenCart software (and it was pretty easy... nice job on that!). I have an existing site (http://www.bugstumper.com) where I would like to start selling my paintings. My current site is a standard php site with the data stored for the paintings in a MySQL database.

My first thought was that I would like to keep my site (it's pretty easy to navigate), but just add a button called "Purchase painting" or "Purchase print" and a button for "Checkout". From there, the user would go to the standard paypal checkout page.

However, from reading some of the FAQ's and documentation, it looks like I have to create my own template that mimics my current site and rebuild the site, rather than integrate Zen cart into my current site.

Is this true?

Dougie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to rebuild my site?

However, from reading some of the FAQ's and documentation, it looks like I have to create my own template that mimics my current site and rebuild the site, rather than integrate Zen cart into my current site.

Is this true?
    Yes, that is correct.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.