Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion New Description Tab

Hello, I am not very sure that this is the best place to write this, but I have a question about the Zen Cart Product Description.

I would like to have 2 description options in my admin and to be shown in my catalog.

One of it should be Normal Description and the Other one Technical Details. Maybe this is already possible from the admin but I can't seem to find where...

So, if someone can point something already existing (an addon or a method to do this) about that, I will be grateful.

And if not, how can i create that, I have an iron will, basic programming knowledge:), hopefully that will be enough.

Another thing that I want to make or install is to make relations between products.
    Example: I have a Nokia XXXX mobile phone, and I would like in the product description page to appear a Accesories Tab (I use Tabs Lite mod) in which there should be accesories to that phone, but those accesories are separate products as well, and somehow to create a relation/connection between the products when I add them, Attribute Controller is somehow what I'm looking for (i guess) but i think that attribute controller refers to extra attributes for a single product.

Thanks in advance.
    S.S.D.D.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Description Tab

Quote Originally Posted by m3s_4ev3r View Post
    Hello, I am not very sure that this is the best place to write this, but I have a question about the Zen Cart Product Description.

I would like to have 2 description options in my admin and to be shown in my catalog.

One of it should be Normal Description and the Other one Technical Details. Maybe this is already possible from the admin but I can't seem to find where...

So, if someone can point something already existing (an addon or a method to do this) about that, I will be grateful.

And if not, how can i create that, I have an iron will, basic programming knowledge:), hopefully that will be enough.

Another thing that I want to make or install is to make relations between products.
    Example: I have a Nokia XXXX mobile phone, and I would like in the product description page to appear a Accesories Tab (I use Tabs Lite mod) in which there should be accesories to that phone, but those accesories are separate products as well, and somehow to create a relation/connection between the products when I add them, Attribute Controller is somehow what I'm looking for (i guess) but i think that attribute controller refers to extra attributes for a single product.

Thanks in advance.
    I think the Tabbed Products-LITE mod will help you out:

Tabbed Products - LITE

Plugin Contributions

With Tabbed Products I can create a new TAB(also an empty one if assigned to nothing), not a clone of the description part.... how can i create that(to clone the description part)?

Tabs are created dynamically based on tags entered right in the main product description in the admin area. There are no file modifications, only a new products display template with the new code to parse the tags and create the tabs. You can have as many tabs as you want. If you don't want tabs for a certain product, then simply don't add them! The code is smart enough to figure out if you want tabs based on the existence of the tag code. More information in the readme.
    That's for an existing TAG, I need to create a new Description category and then add it to TABS LITE
    S.S.D.D.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by m3s_4ev3r View Post
    With Tabbed Products I can create a new TAB(also an empty one if assigned to nothing), not a clone of the description part.... how can i create that(to clone the description part)?

That's for an existing TAG, I need to create a new Description category and then add it to TABS LITE
    With that mod, you can create as many new descriptions as you want, name it what you want, its all done in the description box, but there are specials tags that you place inside that box to designate a new tab. So, yes, you can create a new tab. I'm pretty sure it can do what you want, but its one of those things that you have to jump into to understand.

Plugin Contributions

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Does it work with the most recent version? 1.3.7