Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Windows Live Product Search Contribution Support Thread

Thanks to the support of a few individual Zen Cart members, I've decided to write a script for Windows Live Product Search in XML 1.0.

I've currently written:

eBay Turbo Lister 2.0 Exporter in CSV format,
    ePier Bulk File Generator in tab delimited format,
    Google Base Feeder in RSS 2.0 format,
    and other non-feed modules

This script will be very similar to the Google Base Feeder as it also supports automatic FTP to Live Product Search.

Once the script has been written, an official support thread will be created and link to from this thread.

For now, please use this thread for suggestions and questions regarding the script or information on how you can help to support its creation.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Windows Live Product Search Contribution

The script is coming along quickly and smoothly. I spent the day writing it and am now in the testing phase. It outputs the file in XML 1.0 and I changed the FTP function to upload to Windows Live. It also includes most of the optional attributes.

A new feature is that if you aren't using the UPC/ISBN module, you will not receive SQL errors as I've added conditional statements to avoid this. This will be added to the next version of the Google Base Feeder as well since not everyone uses the UPC/ISBN mod.

Expect a working release within the next 24 hours!

Plugin Contributions

We are now beta testing the script on multiple Zen Cart installations.

If you would like to beta test as well, please contact webmaster AT numinix DOT com

The script will not interfere with your site and includes no core file modifications. The FTP function has been tested to work and uses port mode instead of pasv to connect to Live's FTP server. The timeout length has also been increased as the server is slower than Google Base's FTP. If you have issues with the FTP function of any of the feeders, please also report your PHP version number for your server.

Plugin Contributions

The beta tests have been successful and the feeds are accepted by Windows Live Product Upload. Once I've completed the documentation, I will start a support thread and provide a link to it from here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Windows Live Product Search Feeder Support Thread

v1.0.1 WINDOWS LIVE PRODUCT SEARCH FEEDER

Windows Live Product Search is a free service similar to Google Base which allows store merchants to list their products in the marketplace and link customers to their stores.

This Script generates a Live Product Search data feed as described here: http://productupload.live.com

The main advantage of this script is that Zen Cart merchants can effortlessly add their products to Windows Live Product Search and have the products automatically updated through the use of cron jobs.

Affected files
    ==============
    none

Affects DB
    ==========
    Yes (creates new records into configuration_group, and configuration tables)

DISCLAIMER
    ==========
    Installation of this contribution is done at your own risk.
    Backup your Zen Cart database and any and all applicable files before proceeding.

Features:
    =========
    - supports Search-Engine Safe URLs
    - could be accessed by http or command line
    - auto-upload to Live Product Search FTP
    - full zen-cart compatibility

Install:
    ========
    1. Unzip and upload all files to your store directory (except .sql files);
    2. Chmod feed directory to 777
    3. Go to Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches and install lps.sql by copying and pasting (do not upload);
    4. Go to http://productupload.live.com and create/sign to your account. To use the FTP function select FTP as your method of upload and create an FTP account.
    5. Go to Admin->Configuration->Live Product Search Feeder Configuration and setup all parameters;
    6. Name your bulk upload .xml the same as in step 4.
    7. Go to Admin->Tools>Live Product Search Feeder and follow instructions to create, view, and upload feed file.

Update:
    =======
    1. Upload/Overwrite all files;
    2. Install current version update_#_#_#.sql by copying and pasting (do not upload);
    3. If no update.sql file available, then no SQL updates required;

Tips
    ====
    To have this update and automatically upload to Google Base, you
    will need to set up a Cron job via your host's control panel.
    To run it as a cron job (at 5:0am like you wanted), put something in your crontab like the
    following:

0 5 * * * GET http://your_http_catalog/lps.php?feed=yes&upload=yes
    or
    0 5 * * * wget http://your_http_catalog/lps.php?feed=yes&upload=yes
    or
    0 5 * * * curl -s http://your_http_catalog/lps.php?feed=yes&upload=yes
    If your host has disabled cron jobs, try webcron services such as http://www.webcron.org/

Troubleshooting:
    ================
    When I select FTP, it returns "Upload Failed" without any explanation.
    - Please contact your host for possible solutions.

After uploading the file by FTP, I get "Post-processing failed. Upload failed."
    - Your file name does not match the name registered with Windows Product Live. Login to your account and correct the file name.

When I try to send the file by FTP, it times out.
    - Increase the timeout length in admin->googlefroogle.php near the beginning of the file.

When I create the feed file, the script stops in the middle of creating the script.
    - Increase the script execution time in your stores ADMIN->CONFIGURATION->MY-STORE.
    - Create/open a file called php.ini found in your server's root directory (not store root) and add/edit the following lines:
    PHP Code:
    max_execution_time 300
    max_input_time 
    memory_limit 
    32M 
    Constants (i.e. BOX_LPS) are appearing instead of definitions.
    - You are missing the appropriate admin definition files. Please reupload ALL of the included files and overwrite any existing files.

History
    =======
    v 1.0.0 08/08/2007
    1. Live Product Search Feeder beta version created for testing;
    v 1.0.1 09/08/2007
    1. Bug fix;

The current release is stable and is accepted by Windows Live Product Search within 36 hours.

Plugin Contributions

Separate threads are not needed. The two threads have been merged.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Please close the original thread or rename it to Support

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Windows Live Product Search Contribution Support Thread

Hello Numix,

thank you for this great Script. I have same issues using it.

On a MySQL5 / PHP5 Server I get the following error:

Code:
    Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in lps.php on line 69
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY p.products_id ASC' at line 11
    in:
    [SELECT p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, s.specials_new_products_price, s.expires_date, GREATEST(p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available) AS base_date, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_quantity, pt.type_handler FROM zen_products p LEFT JOIN zen_manufacturers m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id) LEFT JOIN zen_products_description pd ON (p.products_id = pd.products_id) LEFT JOIN zen_product_types pt ON (p.products_type=pt.type_id) LEFT JOIN zen_specials s ON (s.products_id = p.products_id) WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.product_is_call = 0 AND p.product_is_free = 0 AND pd.language_id = ORDER BY p.products_id ASC]
    I am on a German Shop so it would be great to include the language_id to the configuartion_group statement in you lps.sql.

Anyway on a PHP4 / MySQL 4 Server it works perfect. Thank you.

Stefan

I´m not a native english speaker so apologize for mistakes.
    My first Zen:
    RheinerWein.de
    My second Zen
    PatronenPartner.de

Plugin Contributions

Numinix,
    As with all your work, I've managed to get this up and running in moments and it seems to be working as advertised. Just got to wait those pesky 36 hours for MSN to make it go live .....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fastserv View Post
    Hello Numix,

thank you for this great Script. I have same issues using it.

On a MySQL5 / PHP5 Server I get the following error:

Code:
    Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in lps.php on line 69
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY p.products_id ASC' at line 11
    in:
    [SELECT p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, s.specials_new_products_price, s.expires_date, GREATEST(p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available) AS base_date, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_quantity, pt.type_handler FROM zen_products p LEFT JOIN zen_manufacturers m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id) LEFT JOIN zen_products_description pd ON (p.products_id = pd.products_id) LEFT JOIN zen_product_types pt ON (p.products_type=pt.type_id) LEFT JOIN zen_specials s ON (s.products_id = p.products_id) WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.product_is_call = 0 AND p.product_is_free = 0 AND pd.language_id = ORDER BY p.products_id ASC]
    I am on a German Shop so it would be great to include the language_id to the configuartion_group statement in you lps.sql.

Anyway on a PHP4 / MySQL 4 Server it works perfect. Thank you.

Stefan

I´m not a native english speaker so apologize for mistakes.
    Thank you for notifying me of this problem. I'll have to take a look at the differences between PHP4/5 and MySQL4/5.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast