Plugin Contributions

Default Template problem !

Hi ! I hope you can help me ... i lost 1 day on this 2 matters :) already ...

My Website is www.smartstore.ro my problem is this when i bought the template it did not have these 2 things .... When I add a new category and products it showld only be listed on the left side not on the middle of the template .... and also on the middle of the page it's that "Home" Button that i can't find nowhere .... when i press on any button to enter Contacts etc that "Home" text changes also .... You can check it out on my webpage .... The original template you can find here osc2.template-help.com/zencart_14595/index.php . Besides this even if this is a Zen Cart problem wonder if you can also help/guide me to make the background collor down . As you can see the background is Green Boxes and it the middle where that Visa , Mastercard Cards are showld have been black and not Green also like the sides of the template ...

I also uploaded

http://www.imgfreehost.com/out.php?i...lem%20.....JPG

Thanks in Advance ! Hope someone has a solution to these problems... !
    Last edited by Kim; 14 Aug 2007 at 01:12 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template problem !

You need to talk to the folks that built the template.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

You have a Template Monster template, which has eliminated many of the standard Zen Cart functions and tags that should let you control these things easily.

The "home button" is the breadcrumbs, which is an important navigation aid to help the user to know where they are on your site. I would not recommend disabling it, though you are free to change its styling.

The categories at the top/middle are the categories-tabs menu, and you *should* be able to turn this off in Admin > Configuration > Layout Settings.

The green area in the footer has several levels of CSS tags provided by Zen Cart, but TM has eliminated all of them so that there is no way to address that specifically. It will require some coding in /your_template/common/tpl_footer.php or whatever TM has used to replace it to add tags back in.
    You might look at /template_default/common/tpl_footer.php to see the way the standard tags are applied.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advise on that category thinghy :) was just a simple button to disable :) ! Now i can't find that border in that footer.php thing , i found the spacer.gif page but i can't understnad where to add it to close that box so that the background collor will not interfere with it . About that Home button can you please tell me where i can change it's Style at least ? or how to detele it . Much thanks in advance !

Also gjh42 i pmed you :)

Plugin Contributions

I prefer to work in the forum unless a subject needs to be confidential. I see you have decided to completely turn off the breadcrumbs.

For the footer, we will need to see the code you have in order to help you fix it. Please post your tpl_footer.php, between code tags - [php] before it and [/php] after it.

Plugin Contributions

OK, on examining your style.css stylesheet, TM has eliminated all Zen Cart tags for controlling style and substituted some of their own. There is a footer class which they have not given a background to, and therefore the footer will have the same background as the page body. Apparently the background you want to match is a repeating solid color gif: url(../images/sq2.gif). Why they used another image file instead of just making a background-color I don't know.

Try editing /theme035/css/style.css to change:

.footer { height:97px; color:#686868;}

to

.footer { height:97px; color:#686868; background: url(../images/sq2.gif);}