Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customers can't Login!

I am new to zen cart, I have most of this store operational, I am attempting to test my cart. So I put an item in my cart, create an account, and it keeps taking me back to the login page. I cant seem to get past it. All advice is welcome, and thank you in advance!

The site is http://store.photosbycarolynonline.com/

Plugin Contributions

cart error Customers Can't Login!

I discovered that I posted my question in the wrong fourm. I am re-posting here in the correct area. (newbie)
    My problem is that my store is just about finished http://store.photosbycarolynonline.com and I am testing it to ensure that it works. So I created an account, just like a customer would. I finish all the fields, dont get any errors, but it just takes me back to the login page. I tried to login, but it does the same thing. No errors. I just tried it again, if I use the wrong password, it gives me the incorrect username or password error, then I try the correct password, and it dumps me back to my home page, saying welcome guest, login or create a new account. I checked in the admin, and the customer (me) exists, and there are no errors. I even used the forgot password link, sent me a new password, tried it with the same results.
    I am using the newest Zen version 1.3.7, have PHP ver. 4.4.1 and a windows host. Thank you for your help!

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Customers Can't Login!

Hello, just wanted to give a small update. I have replaced the login files, customer account creation files, etc. with no success. I still try to login, and it takes me to the index.php page, but I am still a guest. This is a real problem, I cant go live untill this gets fixed. I am at a loss. Thank you for any help!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers Can't Login!

This looks to be an upgrade from at least v1.3.5 or older as your stylesheet is missing things for the address ...

This makes me think other files may also be missing or out of date ...

I would upgrade to Zen Cart v1.3.7.1 and in the processes probably fix this and other issues ...

Also check if everything works if you switch to Classic Template ... this will tell you if your templates and overrides are the only thing out of date ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply Ajeh, I swithced to the classic template, with the same results. I also checked the version I am using, (upgrade button in admin control pannel) it is the latest. I downloaded the cart from the same page you have in a link at the bottom of your signature when I first started. Where should I go from here?

Plugin Contributions

Look in your Admin ... Tools ... Server Info ...

Could you paste everything from below the menubar up to and including the large PHP vX.XX ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Here it is...

Server Information

Server Host: store.photosbycarolynonline.com (72.41.3.3) Database Host: 76.163.252.6 (76.163.252.6)
    Server OS: Windows NT IIS20 5.0 build 2195 Database: MySQL 4.1.20-max-log
    Server Date: 08/15/2007 18:30:14 Database Date: 08/15/2007 18:30:17
    Server Up Time:
    PHP Version: 4.4.1 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

Zen Cart 1.3.7.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1
    v1.3.7.1 [2007-08-03 08:07:52] (Fresh Installation)

Plugin Contributions

What happens if instead of using a subdomain for your site you use a subdirectory instead?

Does this correct the problems?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I tried what you suggested, with the same results. the store is now at www.photosbycarolynonline.com/index.php You have to type in the index.php because at the root I have a index.html as my home page for the viewing gallery (not in zen cart, just standard html)

Plugin Contributions

Do you have a separate secure directory that you have to copy your site to?

Is it up to date with all files?
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast