Thread: Database?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Database?

Hello!

I use powweb for my server and I added a Zen Cart through them. For some reason it will not create a DATABASE for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck. I contacted powweb and I have an open ticket with them.. and I think they may of done something to it but it has said the same thing when I go to the address all day since I called. I have been talking to several people about this but they can not really offer any help when it comes to this issue
    I would appreciate any help that anyone can give about how to add a DATABASE to my Zen Cart. I really need to get this zen cart working asap.

Thanks!
    Candice

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database?

You need to use your powweb control panel to create your database first, before installing Zen Cart

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart does not create the database ... it uses one that is created ...

Usually you should have a Control Panel where you can create your database, username and password ...

Hopefully an email to your hosting site will get you the details specific to your site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

When I created the Zen Cart.. it was just pressing a button.. Then when it got to the data base question, It only had one choice so I did not get to chose anything else I had to accept it.
    When I go to their database website my username & pw don't work.

I was getting some 0 DB something something something error when I would try to access the admin section & zen cart address.

what do i do to get the datebase to work?
    Candice

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You need to talk to your host about why that's happening. Somehow their custom-built "one-click install" isn't.... :O

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

can I uninstall this and do it manually? Someone asked me if I was installing it manually or by Fantasico? What is Fantasico?
    Candice

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sure - uninstall it.

Then install manually.

You can download the full fileset via the link at the top of this page "Get Zen Cart".
    Inside the ZIP file is a /docs folder. You'll find installation instructions in there.

You're still going to need access to your hosting control panel in order to create a MySQL database and user+password for the database.

Alternatively, you may want to do a search on these forums for "powweb" to see if they're really a good hosting company to stick with if you want to do eCommerce esp with a tool like Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

TY!

Okay I created a new MySQL & I read the instructions.. but I feel really stupid. I can not find the INSTALL SCRIPT.. Where is this?

Thanks!

Edit,,
    Sorry I found it right under where it said it
    Last edited by Candice; 3 Jun 2006 at 03:25 AM.
    Candice

Plugin Contributions

I'm so sorry,

This is all very new to me

So I am trying to type these address:

If you are running on a your own computer, this will be

http://localhost/{zen-cart-directory}/zc_install/

or if on a live server:

http://{www.mydomain.com}/zc_install/

But I tried with :

my domain name, and then where the folder was(on my desk top) and neither worked. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Candice

Plugin Contributions

http://{www.mydomain.com}/zc_install/

But I tried with :

my domain name, and then where the folder was(on my desk top) and neither worked. What am I doing wrong?
    First arm yourself with your DB user name and DB pass handy.

Next, use your FTP client and connect to your site. Then upload the contents of the Zencart package(the one on your desktop) to your server space (Again just the contents and not the folder it is in), Either at the root or in a folder like /shop or /store. Root or folder is your choice.

After this is done and you are still in your ftp Client, find the two files that are named dist-configure.php. one is in the /includes directory and the other is in the /admin/includes directory. Rename them to configure.php. also right click on each one and set the permissions to 777 usually by checking all the check boxes.

Leave your ftp client open and just minimize.

Open your browser and now enter http://{www.mydomain.com}/zc_install/

and off you go............

If you do not currently have a FTP client. geta free one here: FTP Client
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast