Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just another Cross-Sell mod (support thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    Hi,

I've tried to install this module a couple times, but no luck this far. I always get stopped by this error when I access the admin area after installing:

Fatal error: Class request_restock: Cannot inherit from undefined class yclass in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/xsell_advanced.php on line 18

Any idea what's causing this problem?

Thanks.
    This is mostly a guess but sounds like all of your files are not getting installed or installed correctly. When its trying to access them it cant find them.

Redownload a fresh copy of the module and double check you have all the files and folders in the right locations on your server.
    User of zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    Hi,

I've tried to install this module a couple times, but no luck this far. I always get stopped by this error when I access the admin area after installing:

Fatal error: Class request_restock: Cannot inherit from undefined class yclass in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/xsell_advanced.php on line 18

Any idea what's causing this problem?

Thanks.
    I just went through this myself and it was because I failed to first install the module manager. This is mentioned in the brief first sentence of the installation text file.

To fix, I had to remove the Cross Sells files from the /admin/* portion of the website, then install Module Manager, then re-upload the Cross Sells /admin/* files, and install it via the Admin/ Tools/ Module Manager. If done right, it is really pretty easy.. but the install.txt is pretty lacking (at least for some of us thickheaded ones).

Good luck.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mmwilcox View Post
    I just went through this myself and it was because I failed to first install the module manager. This is mentioned in the brief first sentence of the installation text file.

To fix, I had to remove the Cross Sells files from the /admin/* portion of the website, then install Module Manager, then re-upload the Cross Sells /admin/* files, and install it via the Admin/ Tools/ Module Manager. If done right, it is really pretty easy.. but the install.txt is pretty lacking (at least for some of us thickheaded ones).

Good luck.

Matt
    That did the trick Matt. Much thanks man, much thanks.

Have a great one!

Plugin Contributions

Here is a version of the Cross Sell Advanced that has JQuery added and gives a a site the ability to show more products and allow them to be scrolled through using JQuery.

We made this modified version awhile ago based on Cross Sell Advanced and have had great success using it. A couple of functions of the Original module are disabled because of the way our version works.

You can see it in action at: JQuery Cross Sell Advanced example
    You can download it at: JQuery Cross Sell Advanced Download

I am not going to upload it to the contributions center because it is not my module to update.

mmwilcox liked what I had done with it and wanted to know if I could give him a copy of it, so I am sharing with anyone else also.

I have not testes it on any other sites other than mine so use it at your own risk.
    User of zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
    Here is a version of the Cross Sell Advanced that has JQuery added and gives a a site the ability to show more products and allow them to be scrolled through using JQuery.

I have not tested it on any other sites other than mine so use it at your own risk.
    Looks great Batteryman! Uploaded it today and it worked with no problems. Thank you for sharing this.

One question: despite my wide page, only three cross-sells show up in the scroll area. Is there a way that I can adjust this to page size? Even if not, or if you don't have time to answer, your version is a nice improvement.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Looks great Batteryman! Uploaded it today and it worked with no problems. Thank you for sharing this.
    Your Welcome..

One question: despite my wide page, only three cross-sells show up in the scroll area. Is there a way that I can adjust this to page size? Even if not, or if you don't have time to answer, your version is a nice improvement.

Matt
    Can you give me an example of it used on your site? All changes are made using the admin >> configuration >> cross sell to tell how many products are show and all layout changes are made by editing the css file in the css folder in your_template..

I will help you with the css if you like. Just need the page and what your desired look will be.
    User of zencart

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

I hv installed this module, now i can see "We Also Recommend :" on the product info page.

But I got this problem when accessing Admin. What's the problem ?

http://moms-world.net/test/admin/
    Fatal error: Class 'yclass' not found in /home/momsworld/domains/moms-world.net/public_html/test/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/xsell_advanced.php on line 18

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by langflyer View Post
    Hi there,

I hv installed this module, now i can see "We Also Recommend :" on the product info page.

But I got this problem when accessing Admin. What's the problem ?

http://moms-world.net/test/admin/
    It looks like your missing on of the files that is being called on. Check to make sure that all files are on there respective locations. Silly question but did you rename the YOUR_TEMPLATE folders to your template name?

Posted from my iPhone
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

so sorry, i hvn't install the module manager

ok, now i installed the module manager, when i go to admin->tools->module manager, i got this error :

Error Failed: 1
    Error ERROR: Cannot create table module_version_tracker because it already exists
    Warning Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    Error Failed to set up version tracker table
    but when i open my phpMyAdmin, i can see the module_version_tracker is actually created.

How to go bout it ?

Plugin Contributions

That I am not sure about. I am not to familiar with module manager. Where are you checking to see if it was created in phpmyadmin?

Posted from my iPhone
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast