Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just another Cross-Sell mod (support thread)

Hi yellow1912, thank you for your prompt reply. I made the suggested amendment but instead of the previous error, when I click on "delete", I now get:
    Code:
    0 cross-sell(s) cleaned up
    and the cross-sell products are still displayed in the cross-sell centerbox. I'll appreciate it greatly for any further suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I just installed the just another cross sell mod for version 1.3.8 and everything looks fine, but when I click on online catalog to see what it looks like, I get a blank screen? HELP!! How can everything seem to be working with the cross sell and then I have this issue. Does anyone know what I did wrong to have this issue or what I need to check to find out what when wrong and where? I get no error message, just a blank screen.

Is there a sql patch that I did not run? I used the Cross Sell - Just another Cross Sell Mod, last updated Mar 3, 2008 author yellow 1912

I am back tracking to see what I did wrong but I am stumped. I did realize that I did not run the sql patch for the first install last because I was getting errors, then I ran it and everything looked fine except for my store is not showing up just a blank screen. How do you reverse sql patches and start over?

Thanks BettyC

Plugin Contributions

I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I reinstalled and did the debugging and it gives me this error.

home/greenink/public_html/admin/error_log:
    [14-Apr-2008 22:01:40] PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/greenink/public_html/admin/xsell.php on line 266
    [14-Apr-2008 22:01:40] PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/greenink/public_html/admin/xsell.php on line 266

Is this server related or is it something I need to do? Please Advise. Thanks BettyC

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Can I install Cross Sell Advanced with this? Or does it have the same function?

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=597

Thx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BettyC View Post
    I reinstalled and did the debugging and it gives me this error.

home/greenink/public_html/admin/error_log:

Is this server related or is it something I need to do? Please Advise. Thanks BettyC
    I dont know why you use xsell, you are supposed to use the xsell advanced link.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

If you have read the description, this is an improved version of the old xsell + xsell advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Hello,

Can I install Cross Sell Advanced with this? Or does it have the same function?

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=597

Thx

Plugin Contributions

If you have read my post, I said I used the most current dated 2008. The link you reference is dated March 26, 2007. Read what, who has time to read through 20 pages when you are trying to rectify a situation. I am a newbie and not a programmer that is why we go to people who know.

Posts seem to be all over the place and its hard to try to figure out alot of things unless you actually come across something you are looking for.

In my way of doing things I usually go to the most current download because you assume it is the most current and that is what you should use and it should work.

How would anyone know to use the prior year download. Should it be listed as a download if it doesn't work. It seems there is lack of configuration control to be able to help anyone who is not proficient in these areas of programming and learn as you go, and it makes it difficult to anyone who is just trying to get things to work the first time.

If I reverse and take out all the changes, what about the SQL patches, how does it affect things?

Plugin Contributions

Now, you reported the error, and when I look at it, it was obviously to me that you are using the wrong link IN ADMIN, you should use advanced cross sell link instead of the normal one.

I dont know what you are talking about 2007 link and 2008 link whatsoever, I simply dont understand and have to time to try to understand. If you dont like it, remove it. Simple.

If this was a paid module, it's a totally different matter. But it is not. And as the readme stated, I guaranteed NOTHING.

Plugin Contributions

I suggest to anyone who tries to use this mod, please don't use it. You don't want to have the problems that I have had and am still having and have someone with the right skills to fix the screwups in this mod and hopefully fix my website. I am hoping it can be fixed and is still in that state and I have yet to hear back yet.

You shouldn't be contributing if you don't know what you're doing, it can cause alot of issues for others needlessly.

You say you guarantee nothing. Guarantee you won't contribute to something that is harmful to others hard work. Like I said there should be some type of configuration control to prevent something like this for everyone's sake.

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast